• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled deck with fuel tank and tool box. Who's doing it and how?

S
Sep 2, 2008
Bozeman, MT
I have a long box truck that is my work truck and has a fuel tank and tool box in the front of the box. Behind that I have as much room as a short box. I was thinking of getting a sled deck and still being able to use my tool box and transfer pump. I was also thinking of a setup that I could hook to my gooseneck ball and screw some tension on for the primary attachment point for a quick way to put it in and out with loader/excavator. Let's hear some thoughts and ideas.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
My buddies built a deck that rolled back and tilted up to access the tool box. It was balanced perfectly to where you could slide it and tip it with two sleds on with no problem.
e6ede4yp.jpg
abydevu6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Sep 2, 2008
Bozeman, MT
That's pretty sweet! That is in a short box truck. I could mount a deck that would go in a short box at the back of my box and not compromise access to the tool box. I am happy to do that, I just didn't want to be missing some obvious reason not to.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
I realize this is an old thread but....

anyone do what The OP was asking? Put a 6’ sled deck behind a tool box on a 8’ truck bed?

T
Aug 6, 2021
tahoe
I have a flow tank in my short bed duramax and Rhees at RI sled deck just built me one to accommodate it no problem. Awesome quality, and a super good dude

B

Btaoregon

Banned
Aug 11, 2022
United State
I bought this insert for my large 13-drawer tool case. Replaces a skinny kitchen-like drawer liner. The B&C lining is extremely elegant and comfy. Things stay in situ as you open and shut the drawers. It's strong enough to carry heavy tools without crushing them, but also holds small tools in situ. The crosshatch pattern was straight on each of the rolls which made it easy to chop straight, far better than another brand roll I've bought before.

Premium Features