• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XM powder horn-y

M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz
Now that I am hopelessy entranced by the XM and it's charms, I am intrigued by the powder horn thingy.
Is it legit or just stupid.
It seems like it would work, but I don't know if I could be seen with one on my sled.
Who has one and how does it work?
Anyone have any vid footage of it in some hot-n-horn-y action?

M

McTwist700

Dec 2, 2010
Whitehorse Yukon
Want to know the biggest problem with the new xm? I can't wipe the sh!t eating grin off my face while riding it. I have nothing bad to say about the sled overall. Worth every penny its the best sled I have ever rode. It flat out works and has made me a better and more confident rider.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Now that I am hopelessy entranced by the XM and it's charms, I am intrigued by the powder horn thingy.
Is it legit or just stupid.
It seems like it would work, but I don't know if I could be seen with one on my sled.
Who has one and how does it work?
Anyone have any vid footage of it in some hot-n-horn-y action?

You mean Tom's Snowmobile's Powder Wedges? If so I have some along with several others on the forum. Most have all came to the same conclusion that they do in fact work as advertised and are worth the money.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
You mean Tom's Snowmobile's Powder Wedges? If so I have some along with several others on the forum. Most have all came to the same conclusion that they do in fact work as advertised and are worth the money.

He's talking about that goofy snow deflector that mounts by the windshield. It's a brp accessorie.

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
IMG_0505.jpg

I've got it on my X and the one time I was in snow deep enough, it worked.

Last edited:

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Seems to me it would completely defeat the purpose. I wait endlessly for the days of fluffy over the hood powder to nail me in the face like a wave. Heaven forbid I get some snow on my goggles.

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
I'm not in love w/ the piece. May pull it off and just go back to the stock set-up.

Premium Features