• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Minor tweaks to a 09 D8 - Suggestions?

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
My nephew has 09 Dragon and wants to "spice it up a bit".

He's on a budget, so this isn't going to be a sled build.

I was thinking about:

1. Gearing: Whats the stock gearing on the D8? Can he change it a bit to get better low end snap like I did on my 06 700( I went to a 19/42)
  2. Helix: Whats stock on the D8? What helix and spring are you running?
  3. Clutching: I need to check what he has for weights and springs, but he is a very aggressive mountain rider, riding primarily between 3000 to 7000 ft. Suggested set ups?
  4. Can: He wants better sound. I suggested a HPS can
He doesnt want to spend to money for a pipe, so that option is off the table. Just looking for some good minor tweaks to improve overall performance.

Any suggestions or input?

Thanks

Last edited:

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
all of your questions have been asked and answered hundreds of times.

Read this link that is a sticky at the top of this forum:

Increasing your IQ

Dooh, I knew that. :doh:

I spend too much time in the 900 section. Lol
But like I said, we're also looking for input and/or suggestions on what other people have run or are running and how they liked it.
Thanks

Last edited:

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
19/42 for sure, I will have to check my helix for for you. I went with a slp can. if possible I would put a camo extreme on it. between gearing it down and the track the sled will rock. make sure he rides it like a mod sled. fluctuate the throttle. It has worked for me

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I'm running the stock clutching minus a weight change for the high compression head and pipe mod I did. Stock spring works great, update them each year. Almond primary spring does a great job as well.

19/42 gearing is what most people like, as for the can I recommend the SLP. Mostly because it is quieter. If our sport is going to survive we need to help it out a little.

He might also consider a Power Commander 5.

Premium Features