• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

some mods for the t-nytro

T

t_thall

Oct 22, 2008
First off i guess i'll share my original build as i never got around to making a thread for it. Sled is an 08 nytro i bought from a guy on here that had been through a fire - Seat, all plastics and some wiring were damaged (actually the sled was beside a building that burnt down). I fixed it up then dove into the motor installing carillo rods, hurricane's "big boost" je pistons, porting, valve work, and my own cam timing. Then i built the turbo kit with a 2860rs turbo w/ tial housing, synapse gate and BOV, tuned length ceramic coated header, biggest intercooler i could fit, and injectors/rapid bike. Added a tunnel cooler from an old '01 summit 800 tunnel i had, relocated the battery, had a twelve gallon tank built and built the seat into it, and mounted a 121"x2" cut down to 1.5". A few things haved changed since thes pics-headlights are tucked in by the bumper so it is wide open to the intercooler and the right side panel is cut out and the airbox moved out and sealed to it so it only gets outside air.
IMGP0267.jpg

IMGP0264.jpg

IMGP0265.jpg

IMGP0263.jpg

IMGP0272.jpg

IMGP0281.jpg

IMGP0283.jpg

IMGP0284.jpg

IMGP0297.jpg

IMGP0300.jpg

IMG_0557-1.jpg

IMGP0309.jpg

IMGP0311.jpg

Number one new mod on the list is to do something about this awful seat/tank combo thing. Plan is to lower it into the tunnel as much as possible to lower my CG and then i should be able to run a regular seat. I also need to build some sort of surge tank as it will stall when low on fuel when going downhill. Next will be avid drivers as the wahl bros stripped out as soon as i put more track on it (i run the short track at home then install a 162x16x2.25 skidoo summit track/skid when we head to the mountains). I also need to add a bigger battery - i used a battery box and battery from a polaris quad and if it doesn't start right away its done. Hopefully with these mods and maybe some meth to combat fuel prices a bit and i'll have all the bugs worked out! Ran it last year on 15psi/av gas/1200ft elevation with the short track and it was a riot, just need some taller gears!

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
That is some slick looking fab work..

I gotta say, I think you are the only person who can make an impulse charge tube look long. and that header.. A work of art, obviously a lot of time and effort into it, and it shows.

It was funny, I saw taht seat and almost laughed at it compared to the rest of the sled, then saw you wanted to deal with it.

T

t_thall

Oct 22, 2008
Thanks, it has a few hours in it for sure! Everything in the motor setup i geared towards the fastest response possible and it worked out well, as long as your moving there is no lag. The seat was the last thing i did and it was getting to the end of febuary and i just wanted to ride the thing.

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
Where is the exhaust exiting? How loud is it? Do you trail ride or boondock in the hills?

Looks well crafted. Cant wait to see what you come up with for the seat!

T

t_thall

Oct 22, 2008
it exits in the tunnel. Its got some bark but its not bad to drive. We ride around fields and lakes at home (there is no trails) and climb and boondock in the hills.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Really nice, those headers are downright sexy!! And a sleek mesh intake as well.

Should be some fun to drive with a 121"...

RS

T

t_thall

Oct 22, 2008
thanks! I had only drove boosted yami`s in the hills before and it was great (thats what convinced me to switch from my snocross sleds!) but down here with a 121 they are crazy fast, it`ll carry the skiis pretty well till it runs out of gearing! To bad they are such tanks...

Last edited:
T

t_thall

Oct 22, 2008
Finally getting some work done on this thing. Removed tunnel cooler and building brackets to drop the tank 3.5" into the tunnel, found a fusion seat that should work good now. Gonna spin the tank around so the fill is at the back and build a surge tank inside and add another pump to stop some stalling issues. Was gonna try a different tank but i think this should work pretty good, plus the 12 gallon capacity is nice... Re-installing the rad down low and building a new intercooler with some long runners built in sized to add mid range power. New cooler will be a lot smaller to make room for the runners but it is still a 400hp capable core, the old one was just really big!

IMGP1977.jpg

IMGP1978.jpg

IMGP1980.jpg

IMGP1982.jpg

IMGP1986.jpg

IMGP1985.jpg

T

t_thall

Oct 22, 2008
finally ended up getting a tig so i can do everything myself (the bill for welding the fuel tank and my old intercooler would have pretty well covered the cost:puke:) The intercooler wasn't the best place to learn but oh well... Starting to make a little progress, fuel tank is mounted, cooler should be done in another day of so

IMGP2004.jpg

IMGP2002.jpg

IMGP2001.jpg

IMGP1997.jpg

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
Was the intake duct fabbed by you or part of a kit? Looks amazing probably the best intake I have ever seen on a sled!

Nice job on this baby I bet it hauls the mail!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Fuel Gauge

Did you lengthen the wires for the fuel gauge float? If so how did it affect how it reads? I need to either lengthen mine or try to reroute the wiring. Which I really don't wanna do. I would rather extend them the 12 inches it needs.

T

t_thall

Oct 22, 2008
it was a little off but i had to bend the float rod a lot to reach the bottom of the new tank

T

t_thall

Oct 22, 2008
She's a done deal other than tuning... New manifold seems to be moving a lot more air, I built it to make its peak power around 6500rpm and right around that range my a/f ratios went from 13.5:1 to over 17:1! It hits hard right from an idle and is even more responsive, it was worth all the hassle anyways:face-icon-small-win. Seat/tank setup is much better, also built a dual pump/surge tank setup all in-tank that so far hasn't stumbled yet.
IMGP2029.jpg

IMGP2030.jpg

IMGP2031.jpg

IMGP2032.jpg

IMGP2034.jpg

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Now you need one of my skid plates to protect all the money you have invested! I see you discovered Vibrant as well. They make some good stuff.

T

t_thall

Oct 22, 2008
Ya the vibrant stuff is very helpful for fabricators. The only part of theirs i had trouble with was the weld on tank fill, had to file and grease it to get it on, could of been the guy who welded it though...

T

t_thall

Oct 22, 2008
Now you need one of my skid plates to protect all the money you have invested! I see you discovered Vibrant as well. They make some good stuff.

notice much difference with floatation? What has canadian shipping been costing?

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
notice much difference with floatation? What has canadian shipping been costing?

The skid plate smooths out the whole underbody. Going wider at the a arm mounts just causes a whole bunch of problems. Feedback on the skid plates has been great. Shipping to you..........$14. Is the tank fill in the Vibrant catalog? Here's some more info on the skid plate.... http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=92318

Last edited:
Premium Features