• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamadoo remodeling

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Sounds good,nice job

oh man, you should hear it now, That video was when I first got it to even barely run on its own.. now it sounds a LOT better, and then you hit the gas.

I didnt get anything done on it today, I had to finish my sled deck. BUT, got the sled back in thegarage ready to work on the bumper, and I got my ideas mostly figured out, so should go together pretty quick

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Sorry, no pictures, BUT, I did get more done.

front bumper is about halfway welded up, with all the peices in place, got the hood hangers mounted to it, got all the brackets done, just need to take it off, finish the welds all around the tubes and paint it. then its time to get some aluminum and skin the thing so its a little more snow-proof, keeping the nose from building up to much crap. its kinda goofy looking as the hood is now the widest part, but its much more slim. and a LOT stronger... I will get some pics of it when it looks like something worth a crap.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
alright.. well, nothign really happened, BUT, snow foracsted for hte weekend, should have on snow vids come tuesday even, im stoked, gonna go get the tps wired up and then try to finish up some work on the bumper.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
well.. needs more paneling still, but I took it out as I had the day off and it snowed a bit.

needs a lighter bov spring, and a lighter spring in the mixer as the midrange is to lean, needs more propane when getting into it. other then that, it gets on it when I ease into it. im really impressed how easy it is to tune the propane, probably one of the simplest systems out there.. workes pretty dang good with almost not tuning time, and I dont know anything about tuning propane. heres a quick video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a83PrCv1pdg

and a picture, it was snowing some. I had the seat off as I need to heat tape it, kidna gets hot..

100_3931.jpg

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
IMPRESSED

Nick, Can I say one thing! You impress me! This summer you were working on this thing in a alley with a sawzall and a welder. And here it is run, and obviously working pretty decent for the first time out.

Now I am going to think I need this.

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
nick, that thing is really coming along! crazy you already got a lil ride in! i cant believe there is so much snow up there right now.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
slowly work on working on dialing in the propane.. its working pretty darn good, and I got it a lot better then my gas was this time last year.. so im ahead so to speak.. gonna go take it out and blast around a little again and see if I cant get it tuned in better.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
well.. got it running better, much better to be exact, another day or two out playing on it and it should be pretty dang rideable.. I need to put my other blowoff valve in the charge tube by my pressure reference for my regulator as it currently gets pressure spikes when chopping the throttle. its not bad, just more kinks to work on.. I am very please so far as my carb tuning knowledge is transfering over very well and is making this relatively simple to work on. I went back and watched some videos of my sled when I first got it running and the thing already runs dang close to that.. just makes a LOT more power.

BUT, I found out my line from my tanks to my regulator needs to not be routed near the turbo... It was a few inches away, but when I stoped to work on my sled today it got hot and burst... NOT FUN. propane spraying all over your motor/turbo that just got shut down is not a good feeling. scareded the crap out of me, im lucky it didnt catch on fire or anything.. it took 4 hours for the tanks to drain from 2/3 full.. lot longer then I was expecting. I had to get towed out, and I got a new line, and its getting routed a lot farther from any heat.. and its getting heat taped like crazy!!!

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
that sounds like it would have been super sketchy!!! but thats sweet your getting it running good! cant wait till i can see it run... need more snow now. it wont be long!

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Awsome! Where are you rid'n at? Can a guy still ride there? Id like to test a few things on my sled in the next week and ahalf.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
that sounds like it would have been super sketchy!!! but thats sweet your getting it running good! cant wait till i can see it run... need more snow now. it wont be long!

oh man, it was a good old time.. scared me just a little.:face-icon-small-con

either way, got a new line on it last night and routed everything up all nice like, and got a LOT of heat tape installed all around the turbo on anything I could stick it to.

as far as location, its up the bridgers, but not worth driving up there as there wasnt a lot of snow left and its been warm again.. we shall see what this storm holds that the weather is showing.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
you should get a turbo blanket. hold a **** load of heat in. dont know how much they are but i would imagine it wouldnt be too spendy

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I might look into one.. they arent super cheap... like $60 for a crappy one.. the issue was more that things were WAY to close to the turbo.. poor routing choice, I moved everything around and heat taped the things that should have been. once again my lack of attention to simple details kicked me in the a$$... oh well, you live and you learn. hope to get it back out again soon if we get any new snow, i think I got the tuning on the run.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
well.. seems that my mindrange stumble i have is being cause by not enough ignition advance.. got a tps that might work so i can wire it up and have it have a normal timing map. hopefully that takes care of that..

also, i found out the jerks that sold me the tanks called them 5 gallon tanks, they hold like 3.9 gallons.. so im working on coming up with something a little different... posssibly just takign the current tanks and cutting and extending htem as i like having all the ports on them that they have.. just need a little more fuel capacity.. and possibly better fitting placement on the bleeder to make it easier to fill.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
TPS

how much different was the ski doo tps than the yamaha one? If you get a yamaha tps you could use a ski doo throttle cable and make an assembly to hook the oil cable to to turn the tps. If you can't mount the tps on the doo throttle body. I have a 600 sdi throttle cable i think in the garage. I also have a set or two of throttle bodies that i can check the tps readings.

Premium Features