• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamadoo remodeling

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, more boost is ALWAYS more fun, right now I need to make it so my setup can handle 10 and not bend motor mounts.. etc etc... should have that all worked out pretty good for a strong running sled. My goal right now is just to get the power to the track, and set the sled up good... should make it a whole new animal.. its fun right now, but I think it could be 10x as fun... and if I need... maybe some good juice for more fun... if I need it.... Again, I just dont really like crazy big stuff, 10# puts me places I dont want or need to be right now, so if it works the way its supposed to, Im not really sure I want any part of that. Im a boondocker, I ride with NA 800 class sleds with little or no mods.. its hard, just because I built this beast makes people think I want the power, not really, just makes life fun to stomp the piss out of your riding buddies when you need to... until they build crazy stuff as well.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I cant believe your still wastin your time with that thing.
yeah,... i should build whatever it is you got...

you need your own forum to make dumb comments in alone, then nobody will have to waste there time reading them.

picked up some of my chromoly, so I should be starting to build on the tunnel. also got some skid parts so am going to be working on chassis stuff. and a lightweight seat with the battery in it is in the works.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
well... got some dimensioning stuff from snocattin.. thanks larry. should have the suspension pretty close to testing pretty soon. or at least, stand on it and see how it feels. got almost all the parts lined up for it.. might have to make a little axle for the shock mount.. we shall see.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
threw some tack welding on some parts and threw it in the sled to test fit. I need to get my shock axle turned down so I can have one that properly fits. and need some shims as the RX1 shaft is for a 15 wide tunnel, so there is some space in it. working on the rear shock... its soft as can be.. until it couples, then its ROCK hard, I need to take it apart and get it so its a little better setup. either way, should be 10x as nice as before. and not much for stuff to cling onto as far as snow goes.

CIMG0415.jpg

CIMG0416.jpg

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
what are you using for bushings? Or are you just going to keep it greased up. Looks good but I think you may want a stiffer coil.

I was wanting to built my own timberknock off ... you beat me too it.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
I hope this works out for you. looks better than the stock set up. one thing you might want to add is some gussetts in the corners of the set up. Also if your taking your track off at all this summer, bolt the skid in with no shocks and see if it cycles freely and works the way your hoping. It looks to me that the rear arm is sitting at a different angle than the front arm. Just something to check out. Good work :cool:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
its all factory bushing stuff.. and yes, gonna add a small gusset on either side. right now it was just a test fit and function, I need to have the shock revalved as its DEAD.. not suprising considering its 7 years old.. other then that adjusting the coupling and it seems to work really good, it couples to soon right now, but is soft, hops most of the way back up with a dead shock, so im excited to try it out. I just really enjoy the way it looks, so hopefully it performs the right way as well. if I can get say 1' of ski lift and then have it couple.. im in heaven. getting my power to the track and snow is the big issue for this year. gonna be like running 2-3 more # of boost!! and handle a LOT better.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
well.. got torn into the sled a little to check some stuff out for the summer.

I think I have my low boost fueling figured out. I need to check my float levels as mine is most likely to low, causing some stuttering I get on landing wheelies and going downhill. Also need to swap carb springs for some hurricane ones. should help deal with my rich gurgle when I wack the throttle from WOT. when i get a few bucks together I will get a set of those and try em out.. pretty easy to do as all I have to do is hold it below engagement, if it stops gurgleing, it should be good then.

also dropped by the shop at Avid Products and picked up a set of 8 tooth 3" pitch drivers. I would like to thank Robbie for a GREAT deal on a set of drivers that will allow me to run my track at a normal tension versus string tight. The plastic they are machined from is definately a lot stiffer then the toy crap the wahls are made out of.

also sorta got a jump on the tube tunnel, got some measurements, and layed out and tacked a few peices together. I will keep working on that as time passes and I get some more nice weather to work on it(darn working in the alley!!)

and technically no real progress, but I was checking out my stock seat and some stuff I have laying around. I think I am going to build a little bench seat(freestyle type deal) to put my battery under and also keep my dang tools in!! hopefully drop a pound or two and get my battery back a bit farther. also was looking at how to run the factory high pressure intank fuel pump that is currently just hanging out in my gas tank, this would allow me to delete my external pump, simplifying things, and dropping a few more pounds and hopefully dealing with my periodic problem iwth the sled running out of fuel when low and making climbs.

CIMG0417.jpg

CIMG0418.jpg

CIMG0419.jpg

Last edited:
J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Cool good job getting going on it. It WILL take the rest of the summer to get everything done. I know how long this stuff takes. What about a turbo relocate to the center of the motor. Just a tought

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, I will move it, if you build me a custom aluminum fuel tank to allow that!!!

right now the sled is going into temporary pause mode. and all possible projects like the suspension and tunnel are in a holding pattern. I may just save my pennies and do a fuel injection conversion. As I have some ideas that should help and make this thing just overall more rideable. I would love a lighter better sled, but IMO, the fueling issues I was having are a large annoyance, and truely detract from the whole riding expereince. I know I can handle the weight, I dont love to, but can get it done, So I am exploring the possability of a FI conversion. If so it should be fun and another really interesting endevor if I do the conversion.

I also will begin working on some updated motor mounts as weather permits.. nonstop rain really sucks.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
or.. my old addiction. PROPANE!!! I am looking into just converting to propane, I am running some numbers, but looks like it will be cheaper then fuel injection vby a heft amount, and I know pretty well how to get it installed and worked over. if I got with propane, im going midmount as there will be lots of room with the tank set back a tad bit. should be good as then I can crank up the boost all I want!!

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
It might be a wedge but there isnt a stock sled made that will touch it. Nor will there be a stock sled that will for a long long time. Maybe even never. Lets all run out and buy a new sled. LMAO.

Well, Ski-Dooin it has a sled will tear you a new one. So how about when you have a sled that can touch HIS, then you can talk sh** about his project.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Well, Ski-Dooin it has a sled will tear you a new one. So how about when you have a sled that can touch HIS, then you can talk sh** about his project.
nah... his sled probably RIPS! ahah..

Unless something strange happens in the near future. this will be the new fueling system. and LOTS of boost will be coming my way, with the headshim I should be good to whatever a stock motor internals can handle. which is more then I intend on running!! I should be able to get this all dialed in pretty easy, I am going to be gutting my carbs and running them as throttle bodies, and putting the mixer at the inlet of my airbox I currently run. also I am going to pick up a second BOV as Brad and others seemed to have issues with "flooding" on letoff after full boost without huge air release.. considering setting up boost on propane is REALLY simple and its all just pressure based IM not to worried about setup and tuning, and as for tank size, using a 10 gallon forklift aluminum tank and working on adapters to run a small backup tank in case I run out somewhere I cant be towed out of, but honestly, 10 gallons on lots of boost the way I ride will KICK my arse, no need for more fuel, but if an of course the 1 time I will need it, its a 1.5 gallon backup. I am also just going to do a bench seat on the tank, nothing special, but hey, it should work plenty well. Also just got my turbo and header pulled off, and working on placement and other things like where the turbo is gonna be. I am thinking sidepipe out my giant burnt hole in the sidepanel, it might look like I ment to do it.

22rkit.jpg
alfltank.jpg

Last edited:

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Did I ever mention that I thought differently? You my friend climb hills and drag race. Your sled works great I'm sure. Get Ken to build something for you and yeah, I'm sure it goes......personally.....I jump, bang trails, climb hills, run over trees, skip water etc etc.....My sled may not climb as high as yours.....but I don't have a nice shiny billet motor in mine either. My point is your bashing a guy with a sled that is 10 years newer than yours saying he's wasting his time?
Problem with your "relic" is that with enough money I can make a '72 Snojet climb even higher than yours....it's all money buddy. Personally, I'll have multiple sleds in my garage that all do something different and specialize in different disciplines...I know you like to ride trails at 5mph and hit the fresh pow hills hard......that's ok. My riding doesn't end in March. My back doesn't kill me at the end of the day.....I can pound up any trenched out hill and not worry about my "lack" of suspension. It's all good, just don't cut a guy down for what he has. And your immature comment....I know you come on here to be an idiot, I've been warned about you before you were so "well known" around here. Just keep it to yourself.

D
Jun 17, 2009
Wyoming
Did I ever mention that I thought differently? You my friend climb hills and drag race. Your sled works great I'm sure. Get Ken to build something for you and yeah, I'm sure it goes......personally.....I jump, bang trails, climb hills, run over trees, skip water etc etc.....My sled may not climb as high as yours.....but I don't have a nice shiny billet motor in mine either. My point is your bashing a guy with a sled that is 10 years newer than yours saying he's wasting his time?
Problem with your "relic" is that with enough money I can make a '72 Snojet climb even higher than yours....it's all money buddy. Personally, I'll have multiple sleds in my garage that all do something different and specialize in different disciplines...I know you like to ride trails at 5mph and hit the fresh pow hills hard......that's ok. My riding doesn't end in March. My back doesn't kill me at the end of the day.....I can pound up any trenched out hill and not worry about my "lack" of suspension. It's all good, just don't cut a guy down for what he has. And your immature comment....I know you come on here to be an idiot, I've been warned about you before you were so "well known" around here. Just keep it to yourself.

Very Well Said, thanks Reeb. Now back to the build, Ski-Dooin it, how much does a thinkg like that EFI conversion cost?

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
I liking the Propane turbo kit idea even more when i see it work im sure. This sounds like a great alternative to race fuel and even more fon for the cost. Ill be scared when hitting the big hills with you this year.:face-icon-small-sho

Premium Features