• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Perc???

C
Oct 22, 2008
MN
is the motor warm when you use it? and i was told there is 2 differnt functions low elevation and high elevation, the way you can tell is how fast the reverse light blinks, fast means high slow means low

S
Dec 20, 2007
It just kills the motor, sometimes a puff of smoke will follow sometimes it works properly, this testing is at 3500ft.

Another thing to check is the idle setting. If you get over 1850 it really struggles to engadge and if you get below 1700 it likes to die. You may run it up or down a schoch and see how that effects it.

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
winter, I found after installing mtx weights on my d7 I had the same problem, it was due to not enough belt side clearance on the primary because of the thicker heeled weight.....it was creating drag at idle and bringing the revs down. I'm guessing it is on your iqr? if you went from an 1104 belt to the wider kevlar 1114 belt it would cause a similar problem with side clearance

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
If it is a belt deflection problem(too Tight) or a problem with not enough side clearance, remove the belt and try the reverse, if it works problem solved.

W

winter

Nov 26, 2007
Westcliffe Colorado
perc

No Belt or clutch, the 797 works just fine with the same set up so I am a little lost on this one.
Thanks for the input though, keep trying.

B
Sep 16, 2008
Had a problem with my 07D7, wouldn't go into reverse. Found if I gave it a little throttle, it would work. Adjusted the throttle up a bit and works fine, however don't recall the exact revs. I've since read that Polaris has a two stage electrical system. Below a certain RPM, the powwer only goes to the fuel pump and ignition circuits. The chassis system is isolated as ids some of the ancilliary controls which I've concluded includes the PERC. Above that threshold, the secondary circuit is energized, including lights, hand warmers, accessories,... And yes, too high of revs can inhibit engagement as well. Thus, check your revs.

Premium Features