• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tire pressure for snow/ice

What tire pressure should be ran?

• 50 psi

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • 60 psi

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • 70 psi

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • 80 psi

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
A
Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
It sounds like everybody runs what they think is right. But do you ever look at your tires and see how they are wearing just by looking at one you can tell if you run to much or to little for what you do. Most of the time people see thier tires wear funny and say time for a tire rotation, and really it's just poor tire inflation.

S
Nov 28, 2007
A littl off subject but if you are looking for a replacement tire I can't blab enough about the Kelly Safari MSR on the snow and ice. They were only like 150 bucks for a 265/75/16. I love my firestone destination M/T for everything but compact snow and ice. They're ok but those Safaris are off they hook. I freak my buddies out going up the Mt. road so fast. Then they really freak when I tell them it's in 2 wheel drive. For $600 bucks I'm gonna get some with studs for my new truck just for winter. Tire press is always at 50-55 year round. they hook so good I never considered lowering them.

C
Jan 15, 2008
I use 40psi unloaded.

BTW,sorry to say, and you probably found out the other day during your trip, the Rugged Trail T/A does not do well in the snow by any stretch of the imagination. :(

Premium Features