• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cryo anyone?

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
Rebuilding my top end on my dragon and wondering if anyone has had their pistons cryoed and/or what you think. Trying to find any info on it and if it would improve reliability. It supposedly suppose to help make materials less effected by temperature change. I am putting wiescos in it and wondering if I should send them off to be cryoed or is this process a little bit of "smoke and mirrors". Looking for opinions and or test data.

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
Rebuilding my top end on my dragon and wondering if anyone has had their pistons cryoed and/or what you think. Trying to find any info on it and if it would improve reliability. It supposedly suppose to help make materials less effected by temperature change. I am putting wiescos in it and wondering if I should send them off to be cryoed or is this process a little bit of "smoke and mirrors". Looking for opinions and or test data.

It works and is cost effective. I'd say do it.

Brought up here with some links, post #29

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265730

Last edited:

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
I have my domes ceramic coated and the sides done with a dry lube simoler to swain tec thunder mountain machine gets about 25.00 per clean piston ,ran the last set 6 years.

Premium Features