• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat triple mountain cat budget build

S
Oct 17, 2001
Milwaukee
Started life as a 1999 ZRT-800 that I got in a trade deal. No use for a short track trail sled, but the sled was clean and I've always wanted to run a triple mountain sled. Used mountain sleds in the IL/WI area are not super plentiful and cheap(er) ones are even harder to find, so started seeing what I could wheel and deal on to make the conversion happen without breaking the bank.

If I manage to sell off all the stock parts, a significant portion of the build costs will be offset and hopefully keep the Mrs. from getting too mad! ;)

I've already sold the stock skis, stock track, and have a couple people interested in the stock skid. Just need to dump the stock seat and gas tank & I'll be sitting pretty good budget-wise.

After looking around and trying to find a Mountain Cat chassis somewhat near the greater Milwaukee/Chicago metro areas, and not having much luck at it, I found a great deal on an Arrowhead Custom 159" tunnel- which put the project in motion for real (got it for not much more than what a new custom tunnel extension would have cost me from VanAmburg, Fabcraft, etc.). Also got a hold of a decent used U-Cooler that will bolt under the tunnel very nicely.

Next on the parts hunt I picked up a like new RMK-151 skid and 151x2 track (although I wouldn't mind selling the track off for a 159) that was close enough to home and priced right- even if they aren't the 159 setup I'm after.

1M clear gas tank will be going on and hopefully a used Boss seat. Major parts still needing are rear drop brackets, rear bumper, mountain cat bars w/riser, 15W gears & chain, and a lightweight muffler setup.

Rivet drilling begins this week...

99zrt_front_resize.jpg 99zrt_lhside_resize.jpg zrt_skidout.jpg zrt_skidout_front.jpg arrowhead_159.jpg

Premium Features