• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any good ski recommendations?

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
The only thing i have left to do is buy a new pair of skis. Im strapped for money or else i'd buy the Simmons ($400), which i originaly planned on. Im tryin to find some good ones for around $200. Not sure what everyone is runnin. Leme know what works and what dosnt. 95% of riding is backcountry, hills, powder. So mabey a ski that floats and sidehills well.:rolleyes: Thanks everyone!

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
6.9 Pilot skis, stock skidoo skis and are dual carbide skis one center and one on the outside, alot of the skis don`t come with the outside carbides from factory but are easily installed , I beleive they are 07` and newer. I like mine they work well and if you swap them side to side, like puting the left ski on the right and visa versa from what they are stock, its easier to lay the sled over on at least hardpack snow.

008-2.jpg
Wildcard28

Last edited:
T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
I put a set of 2004 RX1 skies on my old summit 500!! Worked really well! And then i have a set of simmons skis on my 740 UB!! REally good alaround ski!! Water, deep snow, you name it!!

Just my .2!!

Justin

Oh but there is one small problem the Simmons skis have!! If you get stuck and really pull on the ski loops you can brake the pin that holds the loop!!
But if you just use a 3/8 bolt and a lock nut you will be fine!!
seen good used sets for around $250!!
(trust me, you dont want to buy parts for these things!! Loops are $140 a set and the pins are $40 a set!!)

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
What's wrong with your stockers?

I loved everything about my 98' Summit X 670, it was the sled that hooked me on snowmobiling, wish I still had it!:)

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Save your money.

Two hundred bucks will buy a lot of gas and two stroke oil. Have you ever been over that hill in your backyard and ridden out of the Gold Creek/Foggy Dew area? Now that will teach you how to ride.

Then buy one of these pansies XP's, Dragon, or M8 with a thousand miles on it and their dumping it cause it's wearing them out.:face-icon-small-dis

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
Two hundred bucks will buy a lot of gas and two stroke oil. Have you ever been over that hill in your backyard and ridden out of the Gold Creek/Foggy Dew area? Now that will teach you how to ride.

Then buy one of these pansies XP's, Dragon, or M8 with a thousand miles on it and their dumping it cause it's wearing them out.:face-icon-small-dis

$200 will also get me an 8 ball.

Whats your point :confused:

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Read his post.

If he's strapped for money, why not just ride what he has, throwing an 8ball's worth of cash at a sled not worth $1,500 makes no cents!

I would'nt give a penny for your idea, even if you were willing to give me that kind of profit, sorry your so informed.:mad:

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
If he's strapped for money, why not just ride what he has, throwing an 8ball's worth of cash at a sled not worth $1,500 makes no cents!

I would'nt give a penny for your idea, even if you were willing to give me that kind of profit, sorry your so informed.:mad:

Well, First off, just before the Baker Shootout last year, i smashed into a hidding boulder and tore out some plastic under my ski where my "Skag" bolts up. I replaced the runner, but when i bolted it up it bends it into a snake shape, because of the missing plastic. Theres not a part on that sled that hasn't been touched, fixed or modified. I very happy with the sleds handleing and power as many others would agree. I dont have thousands of dollars for a new (or newer) sled, because of when my dad rolled it down a fatty cliff, its got its scars and probly wouldnt get much for it.

So, i decided i can fix it, which i have been for the past 1.5 months and have put several hundred dollars and lots, LOTS of time fixing and replacing parts. So mabey i'd be better of (in my situation) to buy a replacement ski for the right side and just through a fresh pair of runners on it? Unless someone on here has some aftermarkets for a good price...

Week after we bought it.
100_3520.jpg

About 1 hour after the last picture, it was rolled...

100_3533.jpg

100_3537.jpg

100_3542.jpg

And this is from today... Bout 95% done.

1106091039.jpg

1106091040.jpg

Last edited:
S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
I wouldn't let them bother you just because they can have a newer sled doesn't make yours bad. I will send you a pm on a stock set of skis.

Premium Features