• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

king cat exhaust valves

M
Dec 9, 2007
montana
if the exhaust valves are sticky what does that do for power, like hp loss,bog,or what. and how about the servo motor. is there a better setup? any input would be appreciated
thanks
joe

H
Dec 21, 2001
Meridian, Idaho
if the exhaust valves are sticky what does that do for power, like hp loss,bog,or what. and how about the servo motor. is there a better setup? any input would be appreciated
thanks
joe

First, if they are sticking you will want to clean them up and adjust you cable free length. If they get stuck, you will eventually burn up the servo motor and/or break the cables. The servo motor is really spendy and the cables aren't that cheaper either. If the stick in the closed position, you will lose top end power and if they stick open, you will get a low end bog and worst case, if you are in deep snow and under a load it won't rev up enough to engage the clutches and will leave you stranded requiring a tow (my buddy learned this the hard way). There are aftermarket setups that are similar to the Ski Doo valves but they aren't cheap either.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
if you need cables or a motor i got an extra set laying around, supreme tool makes a mechanical valve as stated above but its about 450 bucks.

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
I fought the servo motor "limp mode" most of last season. Had over $800 in diagnostic work in one shop and a crappy season due to that stupid set-up (APV) before scraping the whole mess and going with the STM. No complaints, I have not noticed the bog that some say you get with them. You can tune them real easy for the valves to open at different RPM's so I'm thinking the folks experiencing the bog may not have them dialed in??

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i think one of my riding buddies is gonna switch to the stm ones, his were being a PITA the whole winter, never had to tow him out, but he limped home more than once. the thing would go into limp mode and he couldnt do anything with the sled. it was useless. the cables were wearing out, and the whole setup was just being a nightmare. he found out one was stuck closed, so he was loosing tons of topend. then from the one being stuck it was raping the motor and cables, i need to call and see if he fixed it yet.

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
the thing would go into limp mode and he couldnt do anything with the sled. it was useless. the whole setup was just being a nightmare.

Same crap I went through. Sucked having a 500 pound paperweight sitting on the trailer. Nightmare is right. Funny though, there are still a bunch of these out there that function properly. I guess I'm just lucky...:rolleyes: Some blame the harness, I replaced mine and it changed nothing. Sure wish I'd have gone with STM sooner, could have saved a bunch. Have him pick up the bypass chip first and tie the valves open for a ride just to confirm then get the rest of set-up.

I did find that if I started it cold and never shut it off it wouldn't do it. My riding buds really enjoyed that on the breaks. :D

Link to my nightmare...http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61516

Last edited:
E
Nov 26, 2007
oregon
Supreme Tool valves get my vote. After 2 years of failed cables, servo motors, and endless frustation, I added them to mine. Turned out to be less money than the ECU controller for the servo that failed as well.

Premium Features