• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled TSS intake on 14-17 YZ450F

D
Jan 20, 2013
Is it possible to get the intake that comes in the TSS kit to fit in a 14-17 YZ450F? Having trouble finding the combination to get it to fit under the airbox. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Chris

P
Jan 8, 2009
Alberta
You don't really need a setup. Take out the foam filter and cover the cage with the pre filter, plug the holes where the air comes in stock (I've used spray foam insulation) then cut some new holes somewhere on the inside of the intake and silicone in some frog skins. Either that or pay someone $150 for a cage, some hose and a pre filter. In the summer just put your foam filter back in. I've done it this way, it works and it's cheaper.

N
Jun 9, 2008
Post Falls, Idaho
I bought a Gplus silicone hose off ebay for about $10. It has a 45 degree elbow and is 51mm on one end and 76mm on the other, so it fits on the pod from the TS kit and on the bikes intake. Just take off the rubber intake that holds the filter on the bike.

T

tube

Dec 3, 2007
Stony plain
Buy the intake from yet snow MX. It has the Bungs welded in for you air temp sensor and pcv return. You can also get one with the nos bung if you want. Remove all the stock intake boots and shell. No need to cut any holes, or block anything off. Work very well, lots of air. I put an SLP flow rite in as well, but I don't think it's nessesary,

image.jpg

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
You don't really need a setup. Take out the foam filter and cover the cage with the pre filter, plug the holes where the air comes in stock (I've used spray foam insulation) then cut some new holes somewhere on the inside of the intake and silicone in some frog skins. Either that or pay someone $150 for a cage, some hose and a pre filter. In the summer just put your foam filter back in. I've done it this way, it works and it's cheaper.

Pat84, did you have any issues with snow collecting over the cage area? Also why not leave stock intake holes open and cover with prefilter?

P
Jan 8, 2009
Alberta
Pat84, did you have any issues with snow collecting over the cage area? Also why not leave stock intake holes open and cover with prefilter?

The first time I took the bike out I had the foam filter in and it iced up. After I just went with the pre filter and no problem. I bought the bike setup like that, it worked good so I setup my new FX the same way. Once in a while if I've got a bunch of snow up around the steering stem I'll give the frog skins a little wipe to clear some of the snow. I think that factory openings would be tougher to seal up and they are way out in front, likely put holes in them with tree branches or that kind of thing.

Premium Features