• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'05 M7 servo issues

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
Having issues with servo. Last ride of last year it gave a code while in Big Horns. Traliered it down to Sheridan where mechanic saw the code, took it all apart but found nothing. Worked fine for rest of that ride & first three day ride this year. Riding this week/weekend it started pitching codes again. Could pull the cover & manually reset but as soon as the valves opened it pitched a code again. Spent most of the last day riding in limp mode. :face-icon-small-dis Questions: I assume the servo is toast and I need a new one. Any other suggestions? Is this a dealer serviced item only? Over the last ride last year and the ride I just finished myself and about 8 other people (including one electrical engineer) tried to disconnect the servo from the wiring harness. No one could figure out how to do so. Any one know the trick? Special tool needed?

All suggestions welcomed!

B
Nov 26, 2007
Lake Tapps, Wa
Are the cables adjusted right? That would be the first thing to look at. If you disconect the servo you need somthing in the plug to tell the ecu that the servo is working. I had the same problem with my m7 bb, BDX sells a pv delete kit and that is the route I am going. For my last ride I just pined em open and used the servo plug from the kit. Worked fine for me, didn't really notice them being gone, but that's with a bb and twins.

L

luv2sledmt

Dec 15, 2008
C. Falls, MT
Finally got tired of fighting with power valves on mine and did a BDX power valve delete. Wont look back now. Lost a little off the vary bottom but its worth not having to fight with them.

Premium Features