• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

torque strut

N
Aug 28, 2011
torque strut mounted from steeringpostmount to engine top end with a plate fastened to all bolts, just stupid or worth making a drawing?

the pros I know so I want the cons

N
Aug 28, 2011
yes I know that it moves, and that is what I would like to limit, to help maintain clutch settings whilst on and off the throttle.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
doesn;t seem to be a serious enough issue that isn;t addressed with simpler methods...ex / linderman mounts/ m7 torque stop mod/ durometer rubber changes / stm etc etc..

the idea to limit engine from post is off to a very bad start because post movement is an issue as well unless its addressed like madsledder suggests..

other then that i like your direction that you are going..

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
Sorry thought you were trying to support the post. But to do the engine that way would shake the $hit out of the bars. Probably would make your hands numb. I just put the m7 torque stop in mine cost me around 20 for new parts and if you need more id add another motor mount like lindermans. I dont seem to need any more than that on my 925 bb.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Better ways to do it IMO... and you WANT the motor to move, that's why every intelligently designed vehicle in the world has motor mounts instead of just bolting it to the frame.

Linderman mount, extra bottom mount, new rubber... there are just better ways to accomplish it.

You also have to think of which axxis of movement you're trying to limit, and that's not going to do what you want anyhow... you'll just create a fulcrum, increasing movement in other locations.

Premium Features