• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'07 M8 Diamond drive oil change

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
you can drain flush and re-fill it in the sled. pull the secondary off and you will see the drain and fill plugs takes 12oz fluid to-refill that case. i drilled a small hole in the belly pan below the drain so it would just drain out of the sled and you should really strain it to check for brass in the fluid.

That being said it is highly recommended to pull the drive and inspect it at each change which is what i do now. The 07' w/ mechanical reverse it a little more of a pain because of the reverse shift actuator/motor but it is not hard to split the case and is well worth it imo. you should check welds on the shift fork and gears and make sure the brass shims are intact in the planetary plus you can really clean all the gunk out check seals and all the old fluid never comes out of you just drain it. also note if your case has not been apart before there is a gasket kit w/ two spacers to replace the RTV seal for $30 from AC. If you want to pull the drive let me know i just took mine out a few nights ago and took a lot of picts.....

-remove socondary
remove small brace on back of footwell that blocks in reverse shift actuator
remove clip from shift fork shaft (that goes into dd case) and then remove 3 torx bolts holding reverse shift actuator on and pull it up and out. it mak come out by itself or the shift lever may come with, doesn't matter remove them both.

undo all bolts holding dd case to chasis (there isn't one behind that rubber block on the 07' but there is one hiding by that reverse shift fork shaft)

loosen rear wheel axle and then loosen track tension adjusters to relieve track tension.

using long extension and 16mm socket remove track shaft retaining nut from brake side (slide extension into center of trackshaft where brake disc mounts)

pull the dd out then up, should come right out.

use torx bit to remove case bolts and carefully pry on teh two slot/tabs to split the case (do not pry anywhere else or you will ruin gasket mating surfaces)

when case is apart clean and inspect

reverse order to put it back together...

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
there is a drain whole underneath the metal plate that sits below the secondary for the fluid to drain out of the belly pan if you don't want to drill a whole. just put the right ski up on a block and pull the drain plug on the diamond drive. i use a little gas and a rag afterwards to clean up the remainder.

Premium Features