• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Not enough air to the sled in deep poweder!!!!!

maurfello

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2009
Washington
What is the solution for the intake on a stock 850 axys?

Doesn't get enough air to the motor in deep powder, kinda ridiculous being its a *SNOW*mobile.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Axys bogs less than about any other sled. Makes sure you are cleaning off air intake, but might want to look at clutching. Deep snow may be bringing down the revs. I know mine was running great, but in deep heavy snow, my revs were down. put in 2 grams lighter and next deep day was much better!

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
I was in some epic snow coming over the hood for several days. Came home and sled sat for a couple weeks. Went up north to some semi epic snow and sled would not go past quarter throttle. Thought maybe TPS or relay. Swapped out relays no change. Brought to dealer as still under warranty and they said the air box was full of ice? Now i need to figure out how that happened as they had no idea?

Overthehood

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2016
I've had the same issue on all 3 Axyx sleds I've owned when it's truly over the hood powder. My pro ride sleds were better. If you constantly wipe the vents it helps. I just put the SLP kit on which basically doubles the opening. Hope to try it this weekend. I'll let you know how I'd does. Btw the SLP kit is pretty pricey for what it is. I'd probably just get some frog skins if I were to do it again.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
More often than not it’s exhaust gasses getting sucked into the motor.

Seal the outlet to the belly pan.

Seal the air intake tract.

Add external intake area. (Slp or similar)

All of the above helps.

Best mod to get more air is a heavy can.

Braaaapppp woosh.

Premium Features