• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13 800 Pro, low idling, stalling, fouling plugs

J
May 8, 2008
I have a 2013 Pro RMK 800 with 2700 miles on it. Last night in preparation for riding today, warmed it up to load into truck. Idled normal for a couple minutes then started dropping RPMs to 1000ish and I would have to put minor pressure on the throttle to keep idling around 1600-1700 RPM. Loaded it after talking with a buddy and we would check plugs in the morning. Sure enough, plugs were fouled. They were brand new plugs that had only been in there for 1 ride. Put new plugs in, it started up, and ran around the parking lot ok until we discovered a separate clutch issue. I bagged the ride and brought it home. Went to unload and it started, idled for a couple minutes then started losing RPM again and when I went to put it in reverse to unload, it died. Had to put pressure on throttle to start it again and it never idled high enough to go in reverse. Ended up pulling it off the truck. For ****s and giggles, checked the plugs again, and already fouled.

Do any of you awesome people have any thoughts or ideas on what I might be facing before I can talk to my dealership on Tuesday? Appreciate it.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Those are the exact symptoms mine had when the TPS failed.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Gotta be in the fuel control system somewhere, before the injectors.

Premium Features