• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quick Drive "Zip Tie" method RMK 850

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
All I understood was "Yesss sirrr". Someone showed me this back in 2013 when the first QDS came out. Works well, you just have to leverage where that zip tie is.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Ive been posting this pic on here for years now. It works great. Give it a try.

picture.php

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I still use a set of adapters in conjunction with a zip and it's even easier !!!

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Here is a video of pro ride gears being installed on my pro RMK 850 with the "zip tie" method. The video is in french? but at the 2:35 minute mark you will get a good idea on how well this technic really works?
https://www.facebook.com/207598693180150/posts/344587919481226/

I didn't know I spoke French, it sounds like a few choice words Ive heard used in the field with frozen fingers changing out the belt :face-icon-small-win
Why doesn't everyone just use a 3lb sledge hammer like the rest of us?
JK, the zip tie method works well. Thanks for posting the tip and video

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I built a spreader out of about a 6” turnbuckle. Cut the turnbuckle Center part to build 2 forks then trim them to about a 1” length. Cut the right hand threaded hook off leaving just the threaded portion of the right hand thread. Add a nut to it and then thread it into the height hand turnbuckle that is cut to resemble a 2 prong fork. Drill out the left hand threads on the other end of the turnbuckle so the right hand thread easily slides into it. You now have a double ended 2 prong spreader that can be inserted in between the 2 pulleys to spread them apart to slide them right into the splined shafts. This is even easier than the Polaris tools and zip tie method.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I built a spreader out of about a 6” turnbuckle. Cut the turnbuckle Center part to build 2 forks then trim them to about a 1” length. Cut the right hand threaded hook off leaving just the threaded portion of the right hand thread. Add a nut to it and then thread it into the height hand turnbuckle that is cut to resemble a 2 prong fork. Drill out the left hand threads on the other end of the turnbuckle so the right hand thread easily slides into it. You now have a double ended 2 prong spreader that can be inserted in between the 2 pulleys to spread them apart to slide them right into the splined shafts. This is even easier than the Polaris tools and zip tie method.

That's a great idea!!...............So when are they for sale !! LOL

Premium Features