• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Ski-Doo Rev Gen4 850...(Rumors and Spy Photos)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Okay guys its that time of the year again.
Has anyone heard anything reasonably concrete about what BRP has in store for our beloved 850 SP/Summit?

Or
Did they finally nail down all the lose ends in the 2019 and next year we just see some really minor tweaks and Bold New Graphics?

As of right now I have NOT heard of any MAJOR new features coming out...

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
My 2 cents...

1) Need a better gauge. Something like the Polaris.

2) New Rear suspension. Like the Lynx.

3) Monorail option.... 'cause the Alpha flat out works.

4) Better Stock Skis.

Ace

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
My 2 cents...

1) Need a better gauge. Something like the Polaris.

2) New Rear suspension. Like the Lynx.

3) Monorail option.... 'cause the Alpha flat out works.

4) Better Stock Skis.

Ace

I would certainly be interested to see a big upgrade in the display and its technology! But that would probably be something that would happen across the entire product line IF and when it happens.

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
I would certainly be interested to see a big upgrade in the display and its technology! But that would probably be something that would happen across the entire product line IF and when it happens.[/QUOT

Couldn't agree with this more. That was my favorite part of the 18 Axys i had last year. That single one thing would get me to go to a Polaris again over the Doo.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Christopher, do you know when the reveal dates are slated for?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I would certainly be interested to see a big upgrade in the display and its technology! But that would probably be something that would happen across the entire product line IF and when it happens.[/QUOT

Couldn't agree with this more. That was my favorite part of the 18 Axys i had last year. That single one thing would get me to go to a Polaris again over the Doo.

You are NOT ALONE in those comments.
Polaris has a leg up on their integrated display technology right now!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher, surely your co-workers have some hints they can share without violating their non-disclosure agreements???
They are VERY carefull in what they tell me.
As a general rule I get all the details about 48 hours before the release date.
Seldom does the Magazine share anything with me prior to that.
They are remarkably tight lipped about whats coming for the next season.
Our best route to finding out the forbidden knowledge is to talk to a WIDE range of members that over the course of the winter ran into the new sleds or spoke to people that got to ride them who will talk off the record anonymously.

Even then.
There have been times when someone got on here and spilled the beans and i got a call from HQ telling me to remove the post as the manufacturer lost their minds over their secrets being publicized in advance.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i am more anxious than ever to see whats in store this year. I am gonna order 2 sleds. a nice gps type screen would be nice. hoping for decent freeride colors too

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
i am more anxious than ever to see whats in store this year. I am gonna order 2 sleds. a nice gps type screen would be nice. hoping for decent freeride colors too
Ya, I need one more 850.
Have two now and want to get back to having three of them.

Do I take advantage of the KILLER deals on the 2019 holdovers
OR
Do I wait for the new 2020 and see if there really is something NEW in the release besides Bold New Graphics?

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Even at my age, my excitement is just as it was 45 years ago when I started riding. Best part of being older is I can afford to buy whatever I want, no longer have to just dream about them or go to the dealer to sit on them. People probably look at my profile and say Albuquerque?? Really?? Yes, I do have to travel a bit, but I grew up in Minnesota and spent 22 years in the Air Force and was lucky enough to always be stationed where there was snow. so my passion has never waivered. I've ridden every state West of the Mississippi and Alaska. Am adding Revy to the list in just 9 days. Really look forward to all the new iron from all the Big 4. I ride what works for me.

J
Mar 10, 2017
Eastern Idaho
There have been times when someone got on here and spilled the beans and i got a call from HQ telling me to remove the post as the manufacturer lost their minds over their secrets being publicized in advance.

Well, seeing as my post about the 2020 sleds potentially being supercharged is still up I guess it is just a rumor. I'll be happy on my 2018 for another year :)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Those who know won't talk and those who talk, don't know! :face-icon-small-hap

Ya, that confidentiality non-disclosure agreement is a problem.:face-icon-small-dis

Ski-Doo has something new coming.
Not sure what yet, but I can smell it.
There IS going to be something new on the 2020s.

Just can't quite figure out WHAT "IT" is going to be.:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Don't think its going to be HUGE like a major rebuild of the sled.
But its something we will probably want to have once have seen it.

Someone out there KNOWS what this thing is.

Someone will crack...
We just have to be patient and keep digging...

Premium Features