• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Holy hot hands!!!

B

Berg570FE

Oct 21, 2009
Cle Elum Wa
Sorry if you all already know this.

The Apex's are known for their "come and go, work at certain RPM" grip heaters. Ive fought this for several years and finally had enough of it. Literally couldn't feel my fingertips after several of my rides last year.

So after some research I found this guy back east who makes the "Yamaheater" grip heater booster. Yes, the $200 seemed a tad high for what I was "getting for my buck", but I was desperate. Installed it Friday night and WOW!!!!!! Holy $h*t!! Piping hot at just an idle next to the trailer. They get so hot I had to keep turning them down. Pretty awesome.

Anyway, it was a big deal to me to "fix" my grip heaters this year. Its not too often something exceeds what I was expecting. Kudos to the guy who designed this.

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Up to today, i was a grip heaters are for wimps kind of guy.

Spaced out good gloves and rode today with paper thin cloth gloves. Now my hands are cooked on the palms and frostbit on the tips!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Sorry if you all already know this.

The Apex's are known for their "come and go, work at certain RPM" grip heaters. Ive fought this for several years and finally had enough of it. Literally couldn't feel my fingertips after several of my rides last year.

So after some research I found this guy back east who makes the "Yamaheater" grip heater booster. Yes, the $200 seemed a tad high for what I was "getting for my buck", but I was desperate. Installed it Friday night and WOW!!!!!! Holy $h*t!! Piping hot at just an idle next to the trailer. They get so hot I had to keep turning them down. Pretty awesome.

Anyway, it was a big deal to me to "fix" my grip heaters this year. Its not too often something exceeds what I was expecting. Kudos to the guy who designed this.

The YamaHeaters are GREAT.
http://yamaheater.com/

LOGOWarmHandsController10.jpg

Premium Features