• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro mtx 162"?

C
Feb 5, 2013
Looking at getting a new sled next year. I am currently riding am nytro xtx and took it out west and it did horrible, I ended up riding a pro rmk 155 all week so i wasnt stuck every 5 minutes. Im sure the nytro 162" does alot better in deep snow but do they get stuck alot easier than a pro rmk 163"? I know the weight difference is quite alot between the two but i just dont want to be stuck like I was with my xtx. I m not real sure about the new viper mtx, Id rather stick with a nytro and turbo it if anything but whats your guys opinions?

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Does the nytro with a 163 camo extreme or powerclaw track work a lot better they your XTX. absolutely!!! do they work as good as a Pro RMK or DOO XM? NOT!!!! even close. You can get the Nytro to work by replaceing everything that touches the snow - rear suspension and track, front suspension and skies. the nytro front geometry is terrible the stock approach angle of the OEM skid is bad for riding deep snow. If are going to buy a new sled I would ride a new 162 viper and then go out and buy a disposable RMK or XM and plan on replacing it every two years. they New viper MTX is huge improvement over the nytro chassis. its is still under powered but have options for boost as well. But if you want a true mountain sled dont waste your money on a old chassis that had serious problems. I have an 08 and like it alot but I have spent a lot of money and it still doesnt work as well as a stock out of the box RMK XM or Proclimb

Last edited:

feeze

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Regina, Saskatchewan
I have a bone stock 2010 MTX162 and pretty much ride everywhere the doo's & poo's do.

The stock maverick track is junk, but I'm still using it.

I was in Fernie BC last weekend, and had to get my buddy"s 09 T-Nytro out of a situation, and could not believe the difference from 1 year, Could barely turn that thing. He jumped on mine and said what did you do to this? I said took it out of the dealer showroom and haven't touched in since! Not even a belt!

The geometry in much better with the 2010 and up. imho

At the end of the day it really comes down to rider. Put a Doo or Poo guy on a yamaha and they will be crying for their sled back.....Put a Yamaha guy on their sled and you will instantly be a better rider then them.

If you have the cash and want to stay 4-stroke get the new Viper MTX 163

If you want to save some cash this year, but a 2010 and up 162".

Premium Features