• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 m8 back firing at 3/4 throttle

A

arcticrat

Dec 21, 2009
Sled just quit one day, no spark. I unplugged handle bar connector, tail lites, and hood. removed gas tank, one of the white wires to the ignition coil was rubbed threw and shorting to tunnel. repaired and relocated the wires . sled started ...awesome? NOT, now at 1/2 to3/4 throttle starts back firing pulls about 7000 rpm.WTF? Stator?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
There's tests on how to chek your stator, but I'd recommend look at that wire again and wires around it you might of missed something

A

arcticrat

Dec 21, 2009
FUSE????? where is a fuse? Don't have a CCU, have a ECU ... If there is a fuse where is it?

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
your ecu is in the center front of sled and the ccu or chassis control unit is located on the front right shock tower location on right inner plastic the weatherproof fuse holder is there also

A

arcticrat

Dec 21, 2009
I dont have a ccu, that controller on the ski well is a rectifire. Changes AC volts to DC volts. Mine is a 2009, has no CCU, but thanks.

Checked all the resistances on stator all good. Just tried a bodies ECU from his 2010
M8 And sled works fine, now I need a 1800.00 computor..............

Is someone rebiulding these or aftermarket????

Dec 6, 2012
Eden Prairie
Get it flashed.

Other guys were saying you can get an older ecu for about $350 on ebay and have arctic cat reflash it for you to your year sled. Just what I heard trying to help a sledder out cuz 1800 is FUBAR.

Premium Features