• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thinking about K&N Filter Kit for Nytro

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Looking for info on the k&n/foam filter kits for FX Nytro. Do they give the sled a little HP? Do you have to buy a kit, or can you make your own? Part numbers would be great. thanks in advance.

Ulmer racing sells them, my kit should be in today or tomorrow. I bought it based on the basic recipe for horsepower. More air in + more air out + more fuel = more horsepower. I think he claims the kit by itself gains 2-4hp.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
image005.gif

• Improve low end & midrange 5-6 hp!
  • 2-3 HP gain on top end!
  • Runs on 87 octane fuel!
  • Includes 3 filters, prefilters, adapter spacers, & 2 crankcase breathers
  • $255

FXNytroStkvsKNFilters.jpg

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
For 255 it just doesn't seem like it would be worth it piece one together. That seems like a pretty good deal.

Nikolai posted his install over on TY and made a good point about custom making a bracket to support the bottom of the filters. Probably worth checking out if you are going to do this.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
Of course, he could just skip the filter and add BOOST!

This is why I think I am going to hold off on the exhaust and the intake setup. I am still hoping sometime this year I will get myself into a turbo kit.

I like your thinking though Christopher.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
The button at home has the k&n works good in conjunction with exhaust and power comander. Dont waste money on the intake alone on a stocker, u may lose performance if without a power commander

C
Sep 20, 2012
Looking for info on the k&n/foam filter kits for FX Nytro. Do they give the sled a little HP? Do you have to buy a kit, or can you make your own? Part numbers would be great. thanks in advance.

Hi! Did you ever come up with the part numbers or size of the K&N filters?

Planning to built something similar :face-icon-small-hap

Thanks!

A
Dec 12, 2014
PART NUMBERS FOR NYTRO AIR FILTER KIT

HEY HERE IS THE PART NUMBERS FOR THE KN AIR FILTER KIT. I SPENT 160 FOR ALL THE FILTERS AND PRE FILTERS WHICH IS 140 IN SAVINGS IF U INCLUDE THE SHIPPING.
AIR FILTER 3460
CRANK FILTER 62-1020
IT TOOK ME A LOT OF READING AND LOOKING TO FINALLY GET THESE NUMBERS SO HOPE THIS HELPS

Premium Features