• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cmx

ACTM7

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2008
Does anybody have any ride time a cmx sled are they as good as they say?

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Does anybody have any ride time a cmx sled are they as good as they say?

must be experienced...the Turbo Rocket is incredibly smooth and great great great machine for in the tight terrain etc.

they are a completely different league...

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
They are a very good machine...but remember they still use polaris gen2 type trailing arms, not bad:D just different. If ur serious a friend has 2 for sale PM me. Great price but PSI motors and that is a bad bad thing...:(:(

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
tech

the one i rode had an engine tech 1150 so it was fairly reliable. he also had a back up cmx with a solid pol 800 ves. cmx will put in any motor you want.

C
Oct 31, 2008
That chassis was old in 2002. 8 years later and they will build you a 415# 170 hp 800 for $27500.
I rode with a guy in cooke who had one. Everytime we stopped, the hood came off and he was tweeking the carbs. When he finally got the nutz to make an arch on the hill, he rolled it. The guy walked down, gathered his stuff and went back to his cabin.
I heard him the next morning on the payphone, yapping about how his card has no limit and they need to send him some more parts to make this thing run.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
That chassis was old in 2002. 8 years later and they will build you a 415# 170 hp 800 for $27500.
I rode with a guy in cooke who had one. Everytime we stopped, the hood came off and he was tweeking the carbs. When he finally got the nutz to make an arch on the hill, he rolled it. The guy walked down, gathered his stuff and went back to his cabin.
I heard him the next morning on the payphone, yapping about how his card has no limit and they need to send him some more parts to make this thing run.

Sounds like a first...

Someone with more money than brains, buys a high dollar sled that cant ride, and cant tune a simple engine setup.:rolleyes:

Never seen this in the snowmobiling comunity!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

LOL, what engine was in it?

Sounds like operator malfunction. HAHA

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
I live 30 miles from Mark at CMX. I have a buddy that rides one also. They are great sleds and worth the money. They are expensive to ride but that should not be a concern if your buying one in the first place. The custom parts are not cheap to replace, but Mark is reasonably priced on everything he sells for what it is. He does top notch work, and the sleds are sweet. The a arm sleds are being teated this year and will be up for sale next year if not earlier. They are FUN sleds to ride

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
What bulkhead are they using on the A-arm chassis?

I would assume it's not cost effective to modify a GenII bulkhead for A-arms.

B

B C

Nov 26, 2007
Montucky
I've had some seat time on a couple of them. One w/ the 995 PSI that actually ran, and one w/ a modded 900 Cat. The chassis really is in a league of it's own, even with the trailing arms. It's hard to describe I'd say, just have to ride one.

I will say H2O's and Hobbes 430lb 1080cc M-sleds had a real similar feel.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains

I grew up and still ride every weekend with Mark and Kamron. My brother and Kamron are in the same class and best buddies. These sleds are incredible, on the pricey side and somewhat out of the question for alot of us, but there is no other sled on the face of this planet that can hang with them and be reliable. The PSI motors which Mark used years ago were no different than any other mod motor at the time. It was the craze of the day, big, noisy, and finiky. Now Mark is running 800 CFI motors with Aerocharger turbos. The newest sleds are equipped with A-Arms. He does I believe he is actually modding the builkheads to accommodate A-arms. These sleds set up are running 280ish horse, and still a hair over 425. As for myself, I plan on one day owning a boosted CMX, nothing can touch them. Mark is one of the greatest guys I have ever met, and I know he stands behind his products.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT

He is using a moddified IQ bulkhead. He is in the process of changing the hole front end of the sleds to accomidate them. I still think if it were up to him only, he would stick with the trailing arms for weight reasons as well as handling. Its the demand that is driving them. Should be cool to see the finished product. There looking cool so far. Cant wait to ride on of the new ones.

ACTM7

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2008
I talk to mark on the phone i have always wanted cmx , but now i want to put my turbo m8 engine in cmx . so if you hear of anybody wants to sell cmx rolling chassis let me know.

R
Jan 29, 2008
Bozeman, MT
I grew up and still ride every weekend with Mark and Kamron. My brother and Kamron are in the same class and best buddies. These sleds are incredible, on the pricey side and somewhat out of the question for alot of us, but there is no other sled on the face of this planet that can hang with them and be reliable. The PSI motors which Mark used years ago were no different than any other mod motor at the time. It was the craze of the day, big, noisy, and finiky. Now Mark is running 800 CFI motors with Aerocharger turbos. The newest sleds are equipped with A-Arms. He does I believe he is actually modding the builkheads to accommodate A-arms. These sleds set up are running 280ish horse, and still a hair over 425. As for myself, I plan on one day owning a boosted CMX, nothing can touch them. Mark is one of the greatest guys I have ever met, and I know he stands behind his products.

Steel is that you???? What up buddy? I worked and rode with Mark and the gang in high school. Great guy....expensive sleds, but keep in mind you are getting a porche vs. a ford. His attention to detail is almost insane. All around incredible sled with OUTSTANDING customer service. Check out crazymtn.com in the classifieds section for that rolling chassis...there is one in Cooke that the owner is willing to sell the chassis.

M
Dec 5, 2007
Chehalis, WA
I had one for 3 years, and two buddies also. One 995,1085 and 1200 all PSI. The sled was awsome and coming off a 99 700 rmk it was a unbelievable difference. But when you spend that much money it better be awsome. The CMX is nothing more than a colaberation of top quality and top performing parts put together and a few tricks on a great set up. Mark Hoffman is a top notch person to do business with. I currently ride 05 900 rmk. Its modded and I have a fraction of the money in it. I would take my 9 any day over my cmx. I think with whats on the market today these new sleds are far superior to the CMX.

Premium Features