• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Guess I’ll Be That Guy

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
That's a strange move....what's everyone's guess? Wanting to clear out old inventory...or going broke?

Guessing the way most Cat dealers are usually loaded up, many will have plenty of leftover 2019's and 2018's to last the selling season regardless.

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Come On....

Short tunnels are all the rage!!!! Burandt has been buttering everyone up. Doooooooo tooooooooooo.

So BNG, removable sno flap, AND shorter tunnel.

Sheds 0.5lbs!!!

Yep....gonna spring order 4 sure.

OTM

Guess im already set for 2020 with my 146" tunnel and 163" skid :face-icon-small-coo

KyxqB0x.jpg

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
18 months from now and they'll be selling the Arctic Cat brand, or unwinding it. The potential demise of sleds was discussed in Jan 2017 in the cat forum when Text did the deal - most didn't want to hear it, and still don't, and none of us should be dancing in the street. Market needs at least 3 strong OEMs, or the innovation will cease. And they're making some damn fine cats now. Yammy gave up years ago, and just want a market for their engine tech. I think the spring-only is terrible news for all of us. But look at the facts - Text already rebranded the UTVs, which was their target when they bought AC. They paid dirt for the brand and assets, so their cash cost and financial risk was low, and now they're running out the clock recouping some fixed and R&D costs for sleds, and maybe a contract with Yammy. It's impossible to make money in this space on spring-only, even for two brands, and we'll look back and see this as tossing in the towel. Yeah, they'll spin it to the markets with some word salad, won't matter. The Text deal was quietly shopped in 16 - Yammy clearly had the inside track and wasn't interested, and Doo and Poo walked because all they had to do was wait for free. And they won't have to wait that much longer. This is a crap salad for all of us.

Last edited:

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Could either be that Reg, or another thought is, they have a new, larger displacement engine to compete with the latest offerings from Poo and Doo.

Yet if they introduced it this year, that would guarantee mass quantities of unsold "new" 16-19 MY sleds currently gathering mothballs in dealerships across the continent..

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Cat hasn’t cared about dealers having 3 + years of product on the ground for a decade...not sure if I believe they simply wised up/had a change of heart. If that’s the case, it could possibly be a good thing....at least for inventory levels.

Big risk tho...you are going to give up decent market share for at least a year, and then count on eveyone simply coming back + some when you get your sh1t together. They have made a nice mess of their dealer network...that much we know for free

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Textron just rebranded all the offroad vehicles back to Arctic Cat, no more textron off road... don't think they would do that if they planned on selling off Arctic Cat this yr?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Textron just rebranded all the offroad vehicles back to Arctic Cat, no more textron off road... don't think they would do that if they planned on selling off Arctic Cat this yr?

That’s exactly what I would do in that situation. Pretty hard for Textron to sell off a devision branded as “Textron”

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Didn’t know about branding back to AC, hard to find cat dealers now, that’s some better news. What a way to run a business and a brand.

Z
Apr 26, 2017
Cat hasn’t cared about dealers having 3 + years of product on the ground for a decade...not sure if I believe they simply wised up/had a change of heart. If that’s the case, it could possibly be a good thing....at least for inventory levels.

Big risk tho...you are going to give up decent market share for at least a year, and then count on eveyone simply coming back + some when you get your sh1t together. They have made a nice mess of their dealer network...that much we know for free

I don't think it's as big of a risk as one might think. Yes, I believe that there are quite a few brand loyal riders out there. However, I do believe that there is a bigger group of people who buy whatever they feel is the best at the time. If cat/textron lauunched a new "lightweight" mountain chassis in 2021 or a new 900 factory engine, people will jump on it!

Having ridden the new alpha one, which is quite fun in the right snow conditions. If cat dials it up in 2021 and makes some adjustments, people will buy it regardless of how much of an egg they may have just laid..

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I really like the idea of snowcheck only dealers will be more apt to trade in a year old sled since there will be no carryover blowout deals we are paying anyway. It's a win for dealers not to have a ton of carryovers they have to purchase. Cat is not big enough to stand on its own. They did it to themselves with poor atvs and side by sides that were a disaster. Manufacturers also know production also sometimes in economics it's better to hit a single than strike out going for a home run.

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
This being the 850 section does anyone have any real knowledge of Polaris?
Did they fix the 850 engine? Are they Snowcheck only? Is it a BNG year with 850 fixes? I think they need to educate everyone if there are updates to the current platform. How,What and Why on the motor some sort of tech update. If anyone has knowledge of this before 3/5 that would be great. I can read Cat stuff in the Cat forum.

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
I'm considering pulling the trigger on an 18 holdover so I'm waiting to see what Polaris is doing for 2020. All I hear is crickets.

Buehler? Buehler? Anyone?

I was hoping to find a spring order 19 800 155 in black that someone bailed on but thats going to be a needle in a a hay stack.

Polaris is had a lock on any leaks this season it seems like. BNG & short tunnels maybe?

Premium Features