• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Ski-Doo Summit X

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jn18kltTyjY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Briscoe

Lifetime Membership
Oct 29, 2011
Blackfoot ID
175 guys basically got a crappy color change? They do this to get us to buy a 165 and then a 2021 175 when they come out. To offset this BS I’m going to give the Polaris 174 a shot and see if I like it. Come on Skidoo, give the 175 the changes.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Dave, when you are running in or out you are running 6 bars? Never worried about 5 but when it went to 6 I was figuring something out. I guess I don't really know how hot it is at 6 bars. I only had 1 trip where I couldn't manage them and had to shut them down. I know when I blew up my 872 it was running 4 bars. Shut it off for 15 seconds and fired it up and took off. 5 seconds later I almost went over the bars. They said I got it hot.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
the only thing I can figure is that that 175 would over heat in the expert model is why they don't offer it. this also tells me that the 165 will have cooling problems in some conditions also

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
the only thing I can figure is that that 175 would over heat in the expert model is why they don't offer it. this also tells me that the 165 will have cooling problems in some conditions also

Nope, not enough time to calibrate, for those of you who think they just add on parts, well this is over a 2 year project. These changes are significant, they don't happen over night. Cheers dave

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Dave, when you are running in or out you are running 6 bars? Never worried about 5 but when it went to 6 I was figuring something out. I guess I don't really know how hot it is at 6 bars. I only had 1 trip where I couldn't manage them and had to shut them down. I know when I blew up my 872 it was running 4 bars. Shut it off for 15 seconds and fired it up and took off. 5 seconds later I almost went over the bars. They said I got it hot.

Depends on conditions, never had an issue, you have to manage it, I live in one of the toughest areas as we start at 1000 feet and ride at 5-7500ft, this past month is snow just a bit warmed and was ice and so we are riding from bottom on very little snow, i have to manage it and no issues, one of my buddies who is new had a harder time but I showed him some tricks and it is a learning curve, no issues. If you can't, or won't manage it, then the summit X is what you want. Lots of options. You get to choose what you want to ride, best of both worlds.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com

Depends on conditions, never had an issue, you have to manage it, I live in one of the toughest areas as we start at 1000 feet and ride at 5-7500ft, this past month is snow just a bit warmed and was ice and so we are riding from bottom on very little snow, i have to manage it and no issues, one of my buddies who is new had a harder time but I showed him some tricks and it is a learning curve, no issues. If you can't, or won't manage it, then the summit X is what you want. Lots of options. You get to choose what you want to ride, best of both worlds.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I know how to manage it. I was wondering if you run 6 bars and what that equates to in the real world. They do not run 3on the trail. More like 4. Thanks anyway.

A
Jan 28, 2010
Love my 850, by far the best deep powder sled on the market in my opinion. That being said my 2 biggest complaints is that it can be a rodeo on steep setup snow side hills and it tends to trench and wheelie on the last 20 yards of steep hill climbs. Do any of the new models improve on these things?

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Love my 850, by far the best deep powder sled on the market in my opinion. That being said my 2 biggest complaints is that it can be a rodeo on steep setup snow side hills and it tends to trench and wheelie on the last 20 yards of steep hill climbs. Do any of the new models improve on these things?

I agree. There is so much i like about the doo, just hard to control under power and doesn't seem to want to plane out like a cat or polaris. Approach angle to steep??

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
if this new spindle helps with washout than there is no reason skidoo doesn't put it on all summits. pretty fricken lame

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
norona so you are saying the 175 isn't a top tier mtn sled? the freeride wasn't ever a mtn sled until 18 when they put the narrow front end on it

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Dave:

Do the new spindles and ski rubbers work with G4s running DS2 skis or are there new skis that have to be used with the new spindles and rubbers? Thanks.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
norona so you are saying the 175 isn't a top tier mtn sled? the freeride wasn't ever a mtn sled until 18 when they put the narrow front end on it

He never said that at all. Those are the two models that got all the goods. I'm guessing it was a numbers thing on the expert as to why they didn't make it in a 175. The 154 and 165 are the most popular. Spend the assets on what gives the most return.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Dave:

Do the new spindles and ski rubbers work with G4s running DS2 skis or are there new skis that have to be used with the new spindles and rubbers? Thanks.

The new spindles come with ski stop and will only fit into the 2020 skis on any of the summit models, I believe you can shave the inside of no current skis to make them fit but that is still to be determined, check with your dealer when parts are available next season.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com

Who said the Freeride was not a mtn sled? It is part of the summit line up since 2011. The 175 is my fav sledit is what I mostly ride, parts are just not plugged on a sled, they have to work properly and calibrated, despite what many think , this take a lot of time, this is a 2 plus year project, I know some will say why does it take so long but those guys never had these ideas or how to execute them, the 175 did not receive the updates as there is not time to get it done with calibration , it is not being held back so we have something for next year eitheras many people will say, it can’t get done to the standard so it is not done. If they do it, then it will be done when it can be released. I have had the new boards and there was hope they would come last season but they could not be done in time , sorry if this does not fulfill people’s wishes or demands but that is the straight up answer. Cheers dave

Premium Features