• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rave valve seal leak

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
This is a service bulletin. However what is not included in the service is cleaning the clutches after oil has been puking out the rave seal.. guess what happens when belt dust and oil come together. A build up of sh!t in your primary that makes it not shift properly. And it gets worse as the oil is still there and more belt dust comes with each ride. 2 belts in 2 rides after my rave seal warranty. Before that. Zero problems. Brp is gonna warranty my belly panel under the primary that the belt blew a hole in, but wont warranty the belt.. BS..I'm going to dealer today to have an in depth conversation.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Maybe I used the wrong word with bulliten, but my rave valves leaked oil all over. Covered under warranty. Dealer did not clean the clutches after repairs. Last ride clutch was not shifting properly.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
That sounds like a issue with your dealer not taking care to make sure things were done and cleaned up.

S
Feb 26, 2017
Vernon
With your rave valve leak did it seem like the oil was coming from your oil.container as i have oil all over the place and pulled it apart some and cleaned clutch and everywhere i could. Have it booked into dealer to address next week

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
With your rave valve leak did it seem like the oil was coming from your oil.container as i have oil all over the place and pulled it apart some and cleaned clutch and everywhere i could. Have it booked into dealer to address next week

Above the y pipe. All over the motor

S
Feb 26, 2017
Vernon
Ok my y pipe etc was all clean. Must be a bad line or cracked container. Sure made a huge mess. Hoping it will be a warranty. Getting springs replaced in clutch so that will get serviced as well.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I had the seal replaced on my 2018, still seems to be seeping a little. Also make sure they check the small crimps for the rave oil lines some are leaking there also.

Premium Features