• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

precision tune reflash for ctec2 8000 update

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
update on my findings stock 2018 xf high country. these are low elevation tests 0-2500'

test one, bone stock, diamondS can, that is it. stock clutching, stock gearing. on trail fresh groom a little choppy fluff, throttle up: 8000-8050 right where it should be.

test 2 flashed ecu same sled, same set up nothing done but, ecu flash from precision.
same trail, same area, throttle up, 8300 RIGHT NOW! ok, so we know it is making more power, and the real deal.

test 3 ecu flash, same sled set up, added 70gr base weight daltons loaded to 76.2 gr (figuring it was going to be a bit too heavy). same trail, same area, throttle up: bang on 78-7950 for a VERY SHORT PERIOD, runs up to 8-8050 on longer pull.

nice guess, think I will leave it there a while. then play with some helix angles. the daltons are easy to tune, and easy access for tuning changes. they do not affect the engagement rpm, have a similar profile to the stockers.

overall, you can tell it has more power EVERYWHERE. it is leaner at idle, has less oil fouling in the snow. NO MORE POPPING OR FLAME OUTS AFTER SHUTTING DOWN (on first day, trail testing).

VERY HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE! THANK YOU ERIC KAY AT RACIN STATION!!! AND THE BOYS AT PRECISION AND ANYONE ELSE THAT HAD A HAND IN BRINGING THIS TO THE MASSES. JOB WELL DONE!!!

now get to work on Y pipe, can combos, lets get this beast to 170 without reeds, without affecting fuel economy too badly. Ski
second update, a day later, after a real day of riding, trail and offtrail deeper stuff (3-4 feet of bottomless loose snow), same low elevation.
well, spoke too soon on the popping, flame out. after riding hard offtrail, after a good long playing pull, stop shut off, a few second delay, and a whuuump. not big, not violent, no huge flames. just annoying, was hoping it would be gone. still happy REALLY HAPPY!
Ski

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
Reflash

I have this reflash on my 18 mtn cat and it is a noticeable change in power and increase in rpm. I ended up back with my original clutching but I found it pulls harder holds rpm better and is more snappy if I run mine at 8200 than at 7900. I ride mostly 9-11000 ft elevation and for some reason you just gotta spin the engine a couple hundred more rpm to get full potential of the power. (It must be higher elevation with less air takes more rpm to create the back pressure or something with air flow is my guess) but all in all the sled performes flawless and pulls hard and has really good throttle response. It's a good mod for the money spent.

Premium Features