• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

super bowl area re-opened??????

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
I heard that the super bowls area of the uintahs has been re-opened to the public this year. Is this true????? He was saying that there is only 1 way that we are allowed to go in and out though. Did thousand peaks ranch sell it?

H
Dec 12, 2009
The claims to the extent of property owned in this area are greatly exaggerated and to be frank, not even the fish cops know the actual location of the property boundaries as the people "patrolling" the area often try to chase people off that aren't even on their property.

The ONLY legal access is going to be from the Whitney area, that I know for sure. Any good topo map is fairly clear as to what is and isn't public property.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
The BLM maps show the private and public area really well. I was up there in Whitney hunting this year and where they had it posted with signs was WELL away from the actual property lines so I went right ahead and hunted the area. No one said a word to me about it.

You can get the BLM map for $4 at the BLM office in downtown SLC or call them and they will mail it to you.

sled_guy

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Never been up to the superbowl... but just looking at some new areas. BLM map looks like all private? Off limits now?

R

Ride_The_Rockies

Jun 19, 2002
Utah
Anytime I get in a situation like this where someone is claiming ownership of public land I always take my GPS with the Utah onXmaps chip. It shows what's public and what's private. It will also show the property owners name. While I was hunting a couple of years ago a guy started giving me crap for being on private land. I pulled out my GPS and showed him I was on BLM property and it showed the actual boundary lines. He turned around and walked off.

Highly recommended
https://www.onxmaps.com/states/utah-hunting-gps-maps?type=chip

FLYINHIGH

Lifetime Membership
Apr 8, 2002
Northern Utah
I heard rumor of a potential land swap between Thousand Peaks Ranch and the Forest Service but I'm not taking that to the bank.

Carp

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
That would be good, if we could ride up there. I used to ride the Super Bowl a lot back in the day.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have the OnX in my GPS.
HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended!!!

Anytime I get in a situation like this where someone is claiming ownership of public land I always take my GPS with the Utah onXmaps chip. It shows what's public and what's private. It will also show the property owners name. While I was hunting a couple of years ago a guy started giving me crap for being on private land. I pulled out my GPS and showed him I was on BLM property and it showed the actual boundary lines. He turned around and walked off.

Highly recommended
https://www.onxmaps.com/states/utah-hunting-gps-maps?type=chip

Premium Features