• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tss low boost rpms get stuck

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
Just getting the new set up out for the first few rips and sometimes when I pin it it will go to 7000 rpms and just sop there and if I let off and hit it again it goes the rest of the way just fine. Any ideas where to start first ?

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Mine is not etec, but w/ those symptoms, I'm guessing powervalve. Make sure lines are all routed correctly, might have blown one off. Bottom will be fine and then struggle w/ upper rpm.

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
I couldn't find any part of the rave system disconnected. I was going to pull my clutch but noticed I forgot to turn the clickers down they were on 5. And when I was test running it was at night at my new house where I am not familiar with anything yet so I didn't have good long pulls or anything where I could watch closely at my rpms I wonder if I over revved and it cut me off to 7000 ? Is that possible?

G
Apr 23, 2008
you very well may have been in over rev but if you rehit it and it revved as you imply then its not over revving. check that boost it box well, they still have issues and your is doing one of the things the offending boxes did..

G
Apr 23, 2008
He very well could be resetting the valves when he stops and re starts too. e tch the next best thing to dr. kevorkians little wonder pill. the last one you will ever take.
:becky:

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
The clickers made a big difference! But from a dead stop to wide open it still stops at 7000 and if I hold it it will eventually go like normal. I get what a bog would be like but this is like nearly normal till 7000 rpms then bogs

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Check your fuel settings. I think you are over fueling and the engine is not able to burn off all the fuel quickly. If you were running out of fuel it would just lose power.

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Keep an eye on your air fuel at 7000 rpm. If its in the 12 to 13:1 range than its not fueling. If its not fueling take a peak at your secondary rollers and make sure you didnt crush one. If thats good you need to pull your primary apart and look for something broken. It really sounds like symptoms I had when I crushed the secondary rollers.

good luck

G
Apr 23, 2008
I really think Nick hit it on the head. the shift is stalling and unloading the engine. betcha he has 3 sided rollers or at least one that has been unrounded..

S

simbatheking

Feb 5, 2010
invermere bc
alsways start troubleshooting with the basics/easiest things to check. look at ur primary clutch first for this symptom. worn ramps will definately do this if theres any bumps worn into the ramps. if they arnt smooth then replace them. also freeplay in rollers. 90% of problems have easy fixes. sorry if u already checked this

109RMSHA

Nov 9, 2011
The etech computer does not like the upshift to happen to quickly it is a matter of adjusting the clutch set up to slow down the up shift

Premium Features