• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Simple Air Intake Mod

S
Nov 9, 2014
The better air flow to any engine is key.. compensated with a turn of a screw"fuel" and less restricted exhaust......I plan on polishing the horns on my 04 rx1 and the ports they mount to..The shinier , the better flow...I found 3" cone breathers with fans in them that I would adapt to each carb and delete the airbox...like a tornado set up......Manufactures claim 5 hp gain on a 50-150 HP engine.....I'm talking 4 carbs with its own little twister fan filter.........I'd like to know what some Sled Heads think about my idea.....Good or Bad and why...Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20140921_102611_044.jpg
    IMG_20140921_102611_044.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 150
S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
The better air flow to any engine is key.. compensated with a turn of a screw"fuel" and less restricted exhaust......I plan on polishing the horns on my 04 rx1 and the ports they mount to..The shinier , the better flow...I found 3" cone breathers with fans in them that I would adapt to each carb and delete the airbox...like a tornado set up......Manufactures claim 5 hp gain on a 50-150 HP engine.....I'm talking 4 carbs with its own little twister fan filter.........I'd like to know what some Sled Heads think about my idea.....Good or Bad and why...Thanks.

Check out a set of high dollar ported heads for a race car. Exhaust are polished not intake, as the fuel needs to atomize.

Premium Features