• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro Xtx want a 2.5 paddle and lighter skid, any options

I
Nov 26, 2007
Pro 144 skid is torsion spring so it's really not that light. If you're boosted id look into a coupled skid like timber sled. If you're not boosted I'd look into a turbo before a skid.

I
Nov 26, 2007
I'm pretty much at sea level was thinking of a supercharger instead of turbo. Do you think pro skid is just as heavy as xtx?

I'd still recommend a turbo. I have never seen a well running super in ak. A pro skid is a 155 minimum, and would be a 15lb savings over an mtx skid but you would have to run a 162 as the pro skid puts more track on the ground for the rail length.

If you want a 153 look into a cat skid. Harder to mock up but cheaper and still solid weight savings. Ride quality is comparable to a polaris skid.

The 144 assault skid you mentioned is lighter than an mtx skid but probably not light enough to justify.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
like icr said ,turbo, dont bother with the supercharger unless you like to fiddle with your fuel controler all the time & if you are riding long distances the burn allot more fuel.
as for skids the cat float skid is the best cheap light & its been done by allot of guys.

Premium Features