• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First ride 60 miles I am so sore legs arms back wow

mtnxr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
I have been riding a SC apex for 5 years and liked it alot but now have a turbo nytro and think it is a riot to ride. It is different and takes some adjustment but it is a great combination of horsepower and quick handling...flat out fun to ride.
:face-icon-small-ton

C
Nov 29, 2008
once again this is your opinion & not everyone agrees with you,i love mine,is it stock no but i dont find all the issues you seem too.everybody is different & we all like different things,telling him he has a piece of crap & you cant fix it is not helping him.

Why are there so many expensive mods for it then! OP asked about cheap mods and there are none other than ski spacing and flipping the ski rubbers ... Go over to TY and look at all the $$$$$ mods done to it and how many are being flipped for a Viper or other sled.

i don't seem to see any"helpful" suggestions from the blue bloods on here either! Cheap mods for the nytro do not exist per my original reply! Instead of bashing others experience how about answering the question with actual "cheap" mod suggestions that will make the sled work ..... I'ld like to see them as well!

allied1

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
SE ND
Good cheap advise for sure

now that the $hit show is over after market seats are pricey but if you have a Upholstery shop around you can have them add foam to gain height on your seat.if its heavy steering thats bothering you more preload on your front shock in the rear skid will help.

This seems like good, cheap advise to me. And this IS turning into a $hit show!
If you want to go down the long dark road away from stock, don't forget your wallet! PERIOD!

C
Jan 5, 2012
Iowa
You want some cheap Nytro mods?

Check out the Yamaha Swapmeet section. You can but tricked out Nytros for 20 cents on the dollar, literally. Turbo, skid, narrow front, tank, etc for 8k. Reliable sled that will compete with 2 strokes.

IMO 2nd hand is the way to "mod" sleds. Its crazy the hits guys take on these things. With the new Viper out now is the perfect time.

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
Ya. Man I feel old ..new sled really gave me a lickin .. I fely a little worn out when I got home and knew fight away the bar position was not going to work for me so I installed the OFT relocator.
Would like to get the seat a little higher also and think these will help alot. Any suggestions on the cheapest option to get this done tight budget with new sled and all.

I think the stock position is hard on the body when transitioning from standing to sitting and the bar angle kills the arms and back.

I dont mind getting a workout while riding and i do ride hard but i want to ride today but probably too sore lol

Sled has almost 500 miles so i orders the Mountaintech skid plate last night also to replace when I do the first oil change.

Any other suggestions for a better more forgiving riding position?

Hope you appreciate honesty:
1st: Being sore on the first ride is normal...whatever you ride!
2nd: If your riding in the backcountry then you should have a very minimal seat. Seats are for resting on rare occasion and hard pack.
3rd: If it keeps happening, you're out of shape, which it sounds like you are, so get in the gym. You will be a much better rider.

Cheapest seat option....add more foam

good luck, be safe and have fun

P.S. Don't buy a Polaris. You will have to change out the crappy a-arms, add bulkhead supports and tunnel stiffeners to keep it relatively intact. Also, I would not take any bets on the motors integrity either. Oh I forgot you need to add a turbo and coupled rear suspension if you want to climb chutes.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Why are there so many expensive mods for it then! OP asked about cheap mods and there are none other than ski spacing and flipping the ski rubbers ... Go over to TY and look at all the $$$$$ mods done to it and how many are being flipped for a Viper or other sled.

i don't seem to see any"helpful" suggestions from the blue bloods on here either! Cheap mods for the nytro do not exist per my original reply! Instead of bashing others experience how about answering the question with actual "cheap" mod suggestions that will make the sled work ..... I'ld like to see them as well!

now that the $hit show is over after market seats are pricey but if you have a Upholstery shop around you can have them add foam to gain height on your seat.if its heavy steering thats bothering you more preload on your front shock in the rear skid will help.

i gave him 2 to start with what have you done for him but totally mess up his thread.

Last edited:
C
Nov 29, 2008

i gave him 2 to start with what have you done for him but totally mess up his thread.

Adjustments to or changing settings on the stock shocks really doesn't count as a mod! Thats like adjusting the seat in your car. The mods for the nytros tend to be pricey for the amount of benefit gained. Yes the motor will last stock or boosted but the rest of the chassis has issues just like all other OEMs. I followed loads of threads on this site, TY, Hardcore sledder, etc. and the answers were always the same ..... Break out another thousand. Would I buy another new Yamaha? Yes if it was lighter and handled as well as the other mountain chassis. Would I dump money into a nytro .... Nope!

S

snowmomo

Dec 31, 2007
Maple Falls,WA
Nytros are awesome

Every riding area is different. I got my Nytro to ride Revy,works great there. I wouldn't own one to ride my local hill.(N.Cascades) My 2 cents

So pretty funny how threads go aray lol..
Anyway i have now added the OTC relocator kit and took a good 100 mile ride yesterday..I mostly stand but sit when straight lining and i usually am running around 70-80 mph.

So sore i cant ride today so I ordered a WRP seat which is 2 inches higher, I think this will do the trick in helping alot more. The arms were fine so I know the relocation kit help immensely this ride just the legs and back hurt a bit.

Also have sore knee caps from front plastic on sled since i come from dirt dike racing background and pinch my legs together when transferring weight.
Anyone have an opinion on helping that issue?

Also I topped out at just over 90 mph but I run the sled at about 70-80mph+ also most all day. Will this be too hard on the engine over time.

Gonna stick with the sled a bit more since i sold my 2 stroke so hoping I can get a good ride, if not will trade up for a viper in a couple years once the new year run issues are ironed out.

Since the original person who posed the question has never come back. I would say that it was never a legit post to begin with. However it is effective to go into any forum and post a question that has been asked about a known issue and have one of there forum friends go in and trash the concept and then sit back and watch the fireworks. Just look at the pissing match that this one started. There is not a lot of snow to go riding so everyone has to find a way to entertain themselves.

Now that we have reestablished that yamaha sleds are heavy and a arctic polaris adoo is the best and lightest meanest thing on snow lets move on shall we

I never left just making the mods that were suggested and riding and then asking more questions..i guess i post when i think I have a legit question then again after I make a change or have a reason to post.. But thanks for the input

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I sit corrected then i guess

out of the 31 posts, truly I hope the two suggestions work well for you MC. happy trails :wave: thats unless you call shopping the classified a cheap mod. that would total 3

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
4 hours Saturday, 6 hours today of mountain riding and if I didn't have to work we would go again. 2014 Viper long tracked, amazing soft ride. Not what OP wanted to hear but hope to silence some of the google riders.

Premium Features