• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Took the 4stroke plunge and just bought a 2013 nytro

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
I knew that. I told the OP to get a narrowed set of arms and Harry replied he had tried them and as you can see that is false...I was just wanting to point that out as we don't need bad info in here to new guys.

I tried 37 inch and 36 inch and 37 seemed the sweet spot for me, rolled over in the powder much much better than stock, and didn't lose any trail or road handling.

6y3yse9a.jpg

That is my nytro. What are you talking about "false"??

I can guarantee dumping $1000 into a dying chassis for a front end that handles slightly better is not worth it!!!

Not to mention there is only 1 store to buy spare A arms if you happen to bend one as opposed to a nationwide network of Yamaha dealers!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Like it says got a 2013 nytro 400 miles for 8 k so figured I couldn't go wrong with the price and could get close to that back if i didn't like it.

Definently drives completely different than a 2 stroke ..just like when i went from a cr250 to a 4stroke cfr450.. But i did go back to the cr250 after a couple years. So hoping this isnt the same pattern with the sled lol.

Cant wait to take it out but need an oil change close to 500 miles. What is recommended Yammy oil? And filter? What else is needed ? Copper washers for oil nuts? Anything else I might want to change while it's all apart?

Thanks all

Get rid of the plastic "engine protector"!

S
Nov 28, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
Just ride it and get used to it. Do some searched on mods and decide from there what you want to do. A good place to check out is Totaly Yamaha 4stroke forum (TY4Stroke forum), tons of great info on the Nytro there as well as all other yamaha 4 strokes. The mod you choose will depend on what syle of riding you do and what you want out of the sled. I don't have a Nytro but i have several buddies I ride with that do. They absolutly love the nytro. I am seriously looking at one in the future. It's all personnal preferance and opinion. I have over 15,000 trouble free miles on my RX1 and it is still running strong. The RX1 has had some issues compared to the newer sleds but I like it and thats all that matters.
The nytro can't be that bad of a sled, there are tons of them out there. As far as the oil goes, if it is still on warrenty i would check with the dealer to see if you have to use yamaha oil for warranty purposes. If not lots of guys using the mobile1 0w40 eurpoean formula.

As for the Viper, it's not as bulletproof as it is made out to be. Check out the Viper section on the ty4stroke forum. Again I don't own one it's just what I am reading. All first year sleds, quads , bikes, cars....... have there issues. It's tough to find all the issues with only a few test models out there. Its when you start running hundreds or thousands is when you start to find the issues. Hopefuly Yamaha will fix these issues on next years model. I would love to have a Viper but like the OP said it just not in the cards for me right now so I will do the same an buy a used Nytro.

Last edited:
Premium Features