• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

nytro xtx ski's and track?

C
Feb 5, 2013
Looking to purchase a set of ski's and track for 2010 xtx. Im headed out to wyoming from michigan this winter and need to upgrade. What ski's would you reccomend for running in the powder along with a track. Is an 1.75 " the biggest I can and should go?
Thanks guys!

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
You can run a 2" lug Challenger track with the stock driver's no problem. Just have to cut out the tunnel and heat exchanger protectors, which is fairly easy to do while the track and skid are out.:thumb:

C
Feb 5, 2013
Thank you guys, any suggestion where to buy these? I found a guy selling tracks at the snow show but other advice is welcomed! Ive looked on ebay for skis but havent really came across any.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Last year dad upgraded the track and skis on a used '11 xtx and surprised me at where he could take the thing. He did a 1.75" backcountry track with the Yamaha dual runner ski's. With the lack of track it actually was one heck of a tree riding sled. I'd do a 2" incase you get in to some insane powder, Yamaha mountain ski's, and while it's out I'd recommend changing the drivers out to some avid drivers so you can run a looser track. Like said above, just have to cut off the tunnel and heat exchanger protector.

For the track, I'd just call up tracks USA, usually have pretty good prices on tracks. Ski's either look in the swap meet for some take offs or go to your local Yamaha dealer.

L

luckyjones

Oct 21, 2009
south dakota
ive got a 2in challenger im taking off my xtx with about 500mi on it (not sure its still in storage). Im pretty sure its in great shape. im taking it off to go longer. also have a set of the Yamaha spoon style skis. they don't have many miles on them and youd have to buy carbides for them but id make you a heck of a deal. not sure on how much your looking to spend but I also have timbersled 39" A arms in blue I want gone
you can pm if your interested

Last edited:
L

luckyjones

Oct 21, 2009
south dakota
I'm out of town for a few days so when I get back I'll check em out. Pretty sure its AArms and spindles. Not sure on prices as of yet

Premium Features