• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

handlebar warmers

K
Jun 21, 2010
Boise, ID
I've realized my right side grip doesnt get warm at all or my thumb warmer..anyone tell me a good place to start? :yo:

thanks,
Kyle

EDIT: 05' M7 is the sled

Last edited:

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
I'm no expert but I had a hand warmer go out on an 06 m5 and you can unplug the wiring and check to see if it's getting voltage or not. If it has voltage at the connection but warmers don't work you'll have to replace it.

S

slaggster

Dec 24, 2010
f.w Washington
Hand warmer

I've had to fix mine once becouse the solder broke where the wire connected to the warmer. If you do have to replace it then replace them with RSI warmers well worth it. I've replaced my good warmers with RSI becouse they are that much better.

K
Jun 21, 2010
Boise, ID
diggin this thread back out as I have gotten around to the warmers. I pulled my thumb warmer pad off and found a broken wire. I re-soldered that no issue there I don't think...but still have to try it.

The handle bar warmer same thing but almost all three wires were broke off the circuit. This was an odd style to me as it was a thin strip that wrapped around the handle bar a few times. Anyhow was just going to replace both sides while I was at it.

Found some SPI ones locally so I picked them up, only to find out they are only 2 wire and the sled side is 3 wire.:face-icon-small-con So I think I will live another weekend without my right side warmer and just return these and order some RSI ones.

I've searched quite a bit but want to come to a conclusion. Best way to get the grip back on over the warmer and not damage the new warmer but have the grip stick?? Electrical tape over the warmer and then use hairspray and let er sit??

Thanks

K
Jun 21, 2010
Boise, ID
Have the SPI 3 wire warmers installed on the bar, now I just need to know which wire is hi,low,ground on the factory arctic cat wires.

Green
Yellow
Black

anyone know for sure??

thank you

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
I've searched quite a bit but want to come to a conclusion. Best way to get the grip back on over the warmer and not damage the new warmer but have the grip stick?? Electrical tape over the warmer and then use hairspray and let er sit??

Thanks

Compressed air works really well for helping get the grip back on:)

Premium Features