• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Digatron??

Jan 30, 2013
Hello. I'm new here. Forgive anything stupid might say or ask. I have a 96 summit 670 with a 53 series aerocharger on it.
My RPM on Digatron doesn't read properly, quite frankly tach is all over the place. Digatron instructions say that I need to program my stator cycles into the computer? I'm lost!!!!
Can't find any info on stator cycles.
Also curious about jetting I live around cgy, if u know lots we can get into altitude when talking.
And what the **** are UFO's????
Biggest problem with this sled is doesn't seem to want to idle down or takes to long that's for sure, I would think if u take your finger of the throttle, the sled should rev down to idle, it revs down below the clutch but just sits n screams at 3-4000. I know this because also have stock tach.
I'm prob dumb so if these are easy answers for u. Please tell.
Also I am running a turbo charged carb so anyone that has ran this awesome setup with any advice for me would be greatly appreciated.
I don't think there is anything wrong except tuning here so please don't send me a bunch of messages telling me I'm wasting my time. I have rode sled and it rocks!!! Just a little finicky and rich.
THANKS

Yes the sled has
Fat boy end dump exhaust
Electric pump
Hobbs switch
EGS- Digatron
Fuel pressure gauges
Boost gauges
And was professionaly installed apparently so things like pto seals, crank seals should be done to.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
I ok will try and help here.

digitron. what one is it dts 2, dts 4. If i remember right the tach pulse was 4 could be wrong here though. you should be able to try each setting until the digitron runs the same as your stock tach.

ufo's are a plate that gets installed on the bottom of the carb slide. they were made to help smooth out the turblulance over the bottom of a round slide. and when we ran them we had very good luck. they were just introduced to the market to late. make sure that the right cut away ufo was installed.

does your sled have a primer or choke? of it has a choke just lift the choke lever half way. if it idles down then your jets are a bit small for your elevation. I would bet that you are a bit lean. also check and see if your carbs are clean. the pilot circut use to get pluged with bad gas really fast. even from sitting over the summer.

if this was my sled i would take off the hobbs switch and stock fuel pump. wire the stock fuel pump direct and run everything through the fuel regulator. this will eleminate alot of questions and problems down the road. Beacuse back in the day we were scared and thought that the sleds needed more fuel then they really do.

brycter :face-icon-small-coo

Jan 30, 2013
Thanks

As far as digatron goes I spoke to them today and they told me same thing. Pre 2000 is prob 2,3,4 or 6. Also said I could reference stock tach.

I will try and find out about the cut away. Is there identifying marks or something to look for?

Sled has primer, but I have been made aware of this. If I prime sled while idled high and it revs down then I need to increase the size of my pilot jets.
Did I get that right?

This thing has got 2 mechanical pumps, and an electric. Guess that's overkill. It would be easier to switch the power on the elec fuel pump opposed to eliminating mech pumps for testing.
Also 2 strange pointers not sure there relevance but:
- only one mech pump is vacuum actuated the other is just fuel in/out.
I thought that is weird.
- only the electric pump driven fuel goes through the regulator. The mech pump driven fuel goes from pumps to carbs. The lines have check valves then T with the elec pump fuel after it goes through regulator.

Should I install all fuel through regulator?
And eliminate one mech pump?
Thanks again

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
i promise it will take some more work but just eleminate the mech fuel pumps. it will save you head ache down the road. soner or later you will be fighting stuck check valve, blown bellow in mech pump, fuel filled case, etc etc....

right know your electric pump is run through a hobbs switch. this give a slow reaction time to the fuel curve. you will get better throttle respose and everything as soon as you set it up right. we use to do all that stuff because we were learning. this is tech from the 80's and 90's.

as far as your high idle. things you can try is
increase your pilot jet by one size
open your fuel screws 1- 1 1/2 turns.

the fuel pump that does not have a reference to it is an expansion area to take up any extra fuel that might have stored energy. I have not seen that in years lol.

hope this helps

S
Dec 3, 2007
columbus mt
You said you have ufo's in the carbs? If they are round miks it is an air screw not a fuel screw 1.5 turns out is a good medium spot try one size bigger pilots aftr you clean the carbs real well. Good luck sounds like a ripper!

Jan 30, 2013
Thanks guys. Brycter your telling me to run my elec pump full time? Through the regulator and excess fuel can just dump back into the tank?
Makes sense I just want to be sure.
Skidoome how do I ID the ufo's?
Ya it hauls ***!
Thanks

X
Feb 4, 2013
Hey, I was having the same problem with my sled (xlt turbo, and I started to get more problems with it, problem now being always using excess amounts of throttle and at full throttle it won't hit top rpms and just low on the performance side, clutch/ belt slipped today and I'm almost wondering if maybe it's a messed up clutch spring or something

Premium Features