• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cracked tunnel 155

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
I just noticed my tunnel is cracked, there is a tall vertical pit (Not sure how to call it in english) around the footwell area with about 1 inch crack at the bottom. I have no idea how long I am riding with it also I am not sure what caused it :)

I am planning to replace the whole tunnel but I do not understand which parts need to be ordered. I looked into parts diagram,

"Chassis, Chassis Asm. & Over Structure All Options"

there are two parts numbers relating to the tunnel, which one do I Need? Hopefully not both as they both cost over $3000 and it is hard to believe that the tunnel alone could cost over $3000. Can someone help me with that?

2204910-1361 11KIT, MY14 6/8 PRO 155 RMK CHASSIS, NAT [+]
1018868-1361 11ASM., TUNNEL, 155 SERVICE, NAT/MBLACK

also, is the tunnel and bulkhead connected with screws only? or also glue? wondering if I need to order glue. Do I need to remove engine to separate bulkhead from the tunnel? any hints appreciated :)

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
When I looked it up those part numbers were superceded by this one. This one comes with the chaincase glued on, and likely includes the bulkhead as well.

2204689-309 KIT-MY12 155RMK800PRO CHS.W/CC $2,977.99

If it were me, I think I would order the '13-current part number and get the better running boards.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
here is the picture of the crack

hwcYBCM.jpg

you need to zoom in to see the cracks at the bottom and top of the "Line"

I already figured that one of the part numbers I provided is just a tunnel, and the other part is tunnel and bulkhead. I will also need lord adhesive to glue some braces, easy job :)

this crack is on the right side of the tunnel only, the other side is intact

Last edited:

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Sorry to hear about your misfortune! When you get a new tunnel, put some bracing in there. I installed FTX tunnel brace kit before I even had my '15 on the snow, just for insurance.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
here is the picture of the crack

hwcYBCM.jpg

you need to zoom in to see the cracks at the bottom and top of the "Line"

I already figured that one of the part numbers I provided is just a tunnel, and the other part is tunnel and bulkhead. I will also need lord adhesive to glue some braces, easy job :)

this crack is on the right side of the tunnel only, the other side is intact

I would straighten it out and brace it.
Van amburg braces.
Save some time and money.
Exact same end result.

Premium Features