For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
General Snowmobiling Snowmobile related topics only

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
2ManyToys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Garmin Oregon GPS..anyone carry one?

Anyone using the garmin oregon GPS when sledding? I'd appreciate any feedback. Currently carry an orginal etrex. Time for a new one.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Climbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond repute

I dont carry one yet, but I cant wait to get one. I was playing with the 300 the other day at the store. Nice unit

Old 01-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Basic Member
Default Price?

What price were you quoted and did you compare how quickly it hooked into satellites compared to the 60 CSX? I think I found a pretty good deal in Vancouver.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:16 PM
oregunrmk has a reputation beyond reputeoregunrmk has a reputation beyond reputeoregunrmk has a reputation beyond reputeoregunrmk has a reputation beyond reputeoregunrmk has a reputation beyond reputeoregunrmk has a reputation beyond reputeoregunrmk has a reputation beyond reputeoregunrmk has a reputation beyond reputeoregunrmk has a reputation beyond reputeoregunrmk has a reputation beyond reputeoregunrmk has a reputation beyond repute

I carry the 530. Most of my riding group also. Good features, have had a problem with 2 way radio sound not working.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:10 AM
Currently: Criminal Justice Student, FVCC
Vboost has a reputation beyond reputeVboost has a reputation beyond reputeVboost has a reputation beyond reputeVboost has a reputation beyond reputeVboost has a reputation beyond reputeVboost has a reputation beyond reputeVboost has a reputation beyond reputeVboost has a reputation beyond reputeVboost has a reputation beyond reputeVboost has a reputation beyond reputeVboost has a reputation beyond repute

I heard the touch screen is really slow and sometimes does not work in cold weather!! I like the Colorado, same unit without the touch screen..

Old 01-31-2009, 03:46 PM
Currently: Skeered
Basic Member
Mountain Boy is a splendid one to beholdMountain Boy is a splendid one to beholdMountain Boy is a splendid one to beholdMountain Boy is a splendid one to beholdMountain Boy is a splendid one to beholdMountain Boy is a splendid one to beholdMountain Boy is a splendid one to beholdMountain Boy is a splendid one to beholdMountain Boy is a splendid one to beholdMountain Boy is a splendid one to beholdMountain Boy is a splendid one to behold

I have the Oregon and have had no issues with it. When it was negative 10 out the only thing I found as with anything, the batteries did not hold up as long. I love the unit. A buddy has a Colorado and it is a nice unit as well. I have herd people complain about the touch screen being to hard to use. I think it is Ok to use, just not as sensitve as my IPod Touch.

I found mine on Flea Bay at christmas and paid $311.00 shipped and include a US Topo CD and micro SD card, all brand new. Local stores are carrying them for $450.00 with nothing included. (This is the 300)

Old 01-31-2009, 03:53 PM
Climbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond reputeClimbit has a reputation beyond repute

I really liked the user interface, all the functions you need are on each screen. No extra buttons to get confused with. The price was 499 CDN without any maps or anything. If only the iphone was 100% satellite tracked.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Currently: Waiting longing for snow
Xman is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the colorado 400t and have had really good luck with it. Seems to be easy to use compared to my older magellin.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:10 PM
Basic Member

Thanks for the input. I was quoted $450 Canadian and $50 for some Topo maps. Think I'll go the Oregon route. I have the first generation etrex. Anything will be a huge improvement. The simple touch screen sure seems easy to navigate around. I think that alone makes it worth it.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:36 PM
Currently: MULE
Ex-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Basic Member
arrkay has a brilliant futurearrkay has a brilliant futurearrkay has a brilliant futurearrkay has a brilliant futurearrkay has a brilliant futurearrkay has a brilliant futurearrkay has a brilliant futurearrkay has a brilliant futurearrkay has a brilliant futurearrkay has a brilliant futurearrkay has a brilliant future
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 02-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Currently: need money for mounts and more snow
sledcrazy55 has a brilliant futuresledcrazy55 has a brilliant futuresledcrazy55 has a brilliant futuresledcrazy55 has a brilliant futuresledcrazy55 has a brilliant futuresledcrazy55 has a brilliant futuresledcrazy55 has a brilliant futuresledcrazy55 has a brilliant futuresledcrazy55 has a brilliant futuresledcrazy55 has a brilliant futuresledcrazy55 has a brilliant future
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register