• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

670 ho CDI box

J
Dec 5, 2011
I desperately need a CDI box for a 1999 SKI-DOO MXZ 670 HO. Can anyone help ?

The one from a Summit of that year (or a 1998) will not work, according to my dealer.

Thanks for any help.

I have searched ebay for over two weeks and could find nothing.

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
I wonder if it's just a slightly different calibration for altitude between the summit & MXZ. I have a brand new one in the box for the 99 summit 670X. One part number difference on the CDI's & the sleds are almost identical.

J
Dec 5, 2011
I sure do appreciate your reply. Maybe I should just buy the one you have, but I don't want to take the chance of messing up the DESS system. A story, of course there is a story.

After explaining in great detail that this is a 1999 MXZ HO and that it was only made for 1 year, a guy from a very large snowmobile parts facility in Farmington Hills, Michigan sold us one for way over 100.00. He obtained the CDI box from someone out west. He shipped it right to our door and then our dealer says the box we bought was from a 1998 MXZ 670. So strike one there, as we all know the 670's 1998 and earlier did not have DESS so the box from one of those will not work. Guy we bought the CDI box from seemed very friendly and wanted to help but, no.

Again thanks.

Last edited:
A
Feb 10, 2019
Hey jessho,
Did the CDI box you receive from a 1998 MXZ 670 HO (emphasis on HO)?
Would still have? I would be interested if so.
Thanks

Premium Features