• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CDI took a **** 09 IQR 600 mod

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Have a 09 iqr 600 mod. twin pipe. Long story short, sled ended up on the bars and tweaked them. Replaced bars and did not re-install hand warmers. Ran 1 day but sled kill switch and teather would not shut down sled. Figured it was wiring. Today i smelled the horrible electric burning smell. CDI out.... Ordered a new one and ordered bar heaters but what else should i replace at the same time? I figured a new voltage regulator. Anything else.
LikeShow more reactionsComment

I
Oct 30, 2008

Hi had one to. I hit the break and it would shut off the motor. I am thinking a grounding issue. sold the sled and never got to the bottom of the problem.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Have a 09 iqr 600 mod. twin pipe. Long story short, sled ended up on the bars and tweaked them. Replaced bars and did not re-install hand warmers. Ran 1 day but sled kill switch and teather would not shut down sled. Figured it was wiring. Today i smelled the horrible electric burning smell. CDI out.... Ordered a new one and ordered bar heaters but what else should i replace at the same time? I figured a new voltage regulator. Anything else.
LikeShow more reactionsComment

They need a draw to keep from frying the VR / Stator. Especially the mods that do not have a headlight. The factory just installs an extra set of hand warmers on the steering post hoop to use the excess stator output from the Lighting coil. The other option is a load resistor to use the excess. Without it expensive things start to fry. Good luck!

Premium Features