• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 ProClimb Issues

J
Oct 30, 2011
I purchased a used 2013 ProClimb M-8 153 with aprox. 3k miles on it.
The sled came from Idaho so I had no history on the sled.It ran great and had no visible leaks, overall it was in great shape.I proceeded to brig the sled to a cat only dealer in Olgivie MN. I had them go through the whole machine. Now the problems start. When it came back it had a slow leak that appeared to be coming from the oil tank seal,( we think) I took it for a short ride on Tuesday afternoon It lasted about 1/3 mile when the motor died and wouldn't restart. Upon removal of the pipe both pistons were scorn .Is it possible that there was a air bubble in my oil line that occurred when they pulled the oil tank off to check my chain case ? We know it wasn't a cold seize. We also hear that there my be a issue with the oil neck not venting properly that may cause problems. Any body know of anybody that has had a similar problem.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
they shouldn't have to disconnect oil line to access the chain case, it has enough slack that you can remove oil tank and move it plenty far out of the way, I dont know anybody that disconnects the line

but anything is possible I guess, ask them if they did that

I think the tank venting thing was a 2012 issue, but regardless never fill the oil tank to the top, if you filled a 2012 it blocked the tank vent and yes then starved motor for oil

J
Oct 30, 2011
thanks, my mistake it is a 2012, I was told about not filling the tank up to the filler neck until after the indicent.then only filled it 1/2 way up the neck. they are replacing the filler necks from what I understand.so I should only fill it up to the bottom of the filler neck. my 2011 had no issues. thanks again

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I only fill mine to above the sight glass, no need to carry around 2 weeks worth of oil, if you fill until you see oil it is too full if you ask me,

I guess you need to talk to dealer who did work and see what he says, is the a common issue? No I dont think so unless you over filled tank

Premium Features