• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black marks on Primary clutch

A
Dec 17, 2008
Going over and checking out my sled this weekend, removed belt and noticed that there is black marks on the top half on my primary. It is only on the outer side of the primary, I have only blown one belt in 2 years. I guess my belt is slipping maybe getting to hot. Any help would be great

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Yep you are slipping in your primary. There is many different ways to approach this. Add weight to the heel or get weights that are the same as yours just a different profile so there is more weight in the heel. Or change to a lower finishing rate spring. Some of the danger of doing this is that it might mess with your RPM. If it is on one side then you need to check alignment.
It could also be that if you are on a 2 year old belt it is just wore out.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
If you are ever moving fast or turning high track speed and hit the brakes it will do it, If you have good luck with belts, check your clutching and motor mounts, if they all check out then clean them and forget about it.

Premium Features