• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 M8000 E Start Delete Questions

Nov 3, 2010
I picked up a 14 with E start. I have removed everything and got a standard seat and tank. I do have a few questions though. Hopefully someone could help me out.

1. I took the gear off the primary clutch. Do I need to put some sort spacer back on?? My 13 had what looks like a 1/4'' spacer on the back side of the clutch

2. Is there a market for e start kits? If so where should I price it at? I have everything including the tank and seat.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
If you have removed everything except for wires that goes into front of the sled down to the ECU, everything should weigh just about 12 kilos.

I removed mine and it was a nightmare to remove. Thank god I had friends at my local dealer that helped me remove everything. I had to take seat and tank of, cowling over the front of fuel tank, the exhaust, throttle bodies, ECU and so on. There is much to remove to get everything out.
I run my sled almost a full season without the gear ring for the starter motor on my clutch with no problems at all :)

This is the part bundle after I had removed some of the parts. The wires and the big gear ring on my primary clutch was also taken out. All wires except those going into the ECU area.

20140215_125733.jpg

E
Jun 26, 2013
The ring on the back of the primary clutch is there for noise reduction and not needed. I removed everything of my 2013 m-800, i did not want the extra pounds. check with your dealer on the price of a new electric start kit, you should be able to sell yours for about half that price.

Premium Features