• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My end of year ProClimb review

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Put the ole girl away for the year and though i would share my experiance.
Had a rough start of the season due to a foreign body making it way through and scuffing both cylinders. New top end @ 21 mile rode again scuffed again Cat dropped in a new crate motor and its been good ever since. Ran stock with the exception of the Skinz can which i love and a 148/290 primary spring. Worked alright belt temps were alway pretty hot corded my first belt @180 miles, installed another 083 and it make it 600 miles before i started to pull a cord. Got my 084 installed it broke it in and put it back in my backpack as a spare. RPM never seemed consistent with the 084 even after she had a 100 miles on it. Finally got helix and spring for my Tied about three weeks ago ran it with my current primary setup and it did not work so well, seemed to get "hot" quick and the RPM would fall off. Called Team and MDS and they pointed me in the right direction. I ran it last Saturday RPM was consistent and a schoshe high. Last ride of the year so i didnt take any tuning items short ride plus we were headed to the Beaver Mtn hillclimbs so i wasnt in the mood to mess around. This was my final setup for the year

MDS weights in the Primary with short drilled screw (gram scale reads 74)
Speedwerx white spring 125/340
20 tooth top gear
Team tied with 71/55.36 and black purple spring
Backshift seemed really good but hard to tell due to conditions. Sled would shoot right up to 8K then slowly creep up to 82-83. think i will add a washer to the screw. Might try a little heavier spring in the secondary to make it backshift a hair quicker for my riding style. it was a rather warm day but belt temps and clutch temps were cooler than the 2010 M8 i was riding with. The secondary was always hotter than my primary it must be slipping there a little bit i guess ( GEO& Glen RMK chime in please)???
The sled is a 50th 153 and i weigh probably 240 all geared up.
I did drag race my friends ProClimb HCR several times up a hardpacked slope at Beaver Mountain and his sled was always about two lengths faster than mine, he is also geared down. we swapped sled and got the same result
Im thinking it has to do with something in my setup in the Tied.

Enough about clutching

I installed the Zbroz post and loved it, powder pro skis with the Carls mod another great investment. All in all I am very pleased with the sled, granted it has some first year bugs to work out i have zero regrets about buying it, no grenanded belts, no cracked TCL did have the obnoxious clutch noise that evryone else had. Would i buy another?? Absolutley! Infact i am selling my wifes 2010 M8 sno pro to pick up another 2012 50th anniversery.
This sled has made a more confident rider, i can put it in more technical situation tham my 2010 M with less worry. When i get on my wifes M i feel like i am riding a bathtub around.

Have a great summer all
BTW i put almost 1000 miles on

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Why you putting it away so early? There is a good 2 months of riding yet. Big storm off the west coast and we will be riding in powder thus week.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Why you putting it away so early? There is a good 2 months of riding yet. Big storm off the west coast and we will be riding in powder thus week.

Theres a new 162 with 900 BMK kit for sale in Cali if anyone is interested.has 60 mile total on it.

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
@ bdoe22 Cat was very timely on all of my repairs and very profesional! I was contacted personaly by Cat's warranty dept and they were great. There main concern was getting me back on the snow! I never missed a weekend

@ madmax. Ready to moto plus im done rolling the dice for the season. I have hit alot of **** this year with no damage

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Jason @ team told me my primary spring was to heavy and I should use the 55 side of the helix. My primary was still stock at that point other than the Speedwerx 148/290. I then called Steve @ MDS, he told me to start my MDS weights were I had them for my 2010 m8. He told me that the Tied looses 200 rpm so he felt it was a good place to start along with 125/340 primary spring.
If we get some snow this week I will probably try and hit it this weekend add a little more weight pull the r's back into the zone and see how it does. Bottom line is it was damn hot last sat, my primary and belt have never been cooler. The tied is defiantly cooler than the stocker but it is still warmer than primary.
Clutching is something I really struggle with understanding but I am slowly starting to understand it

Premium Features