• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Dragon 2010 800 "155 "sparks from primary"

K
Jan 21, 2011
South Dakota
I just bought a used 2010 dragon from a dealer in my area. It appears that it is emitting sparks from the primary clutch. I physcially took the side panel of the sled and rode it down the trail. It appears when your going around 15 mph hour and get on the gas it begins to shoot out a flash of spark in that area. I just got home so it was night time and first time riding this new of dragon. The only way i would of seen the sparks is from riding it at night.

I was just wondering if anybody had any idea what it could possibly be? the clutch is set at 6000 to 8000 feet and i have no idea if that has any play into that factor? this is my first newer polaris and i actually have no idea yet on how to reset the cluth yet to lower altitudes. Thanks in advance for any responses.

K
Jan 21, 2011
South Dakota
The way I see it is because its dark out here. and I first initially seen it come out by my left foot along the tunnel from under the hood. then i seen took the side of panel of and concluded where it was coming. its a thought thats its coming from the primary but could be the secondary or the battery. Just was curious if someone else out there had seen it happen before. It was clearly a spark. it wasn't little and it was when I hammered down the throttle. Just was curious if anyone else out there had that problem..

Premium Features