• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New wrist pin bearings?

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I am going to be doing the top end of my 900.. I am used to buying piston kits that come with wrist pin bearings included, but the Polaris OEM pistons do not come with these.. They are sold separate. Is this because it is not necessary to replace them when replacing the piston and rings or is it just because they didnt want to include them so they can get every dime out of you when it comes to buying parts? I guess my question here is do you guys replace the wrist pin bearings when you replace the pistons? :D

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
When replacing pistons once a month, like on the new 800's, I reuse the bearings. If you are replacing them after 3-4k miles I'd replace the bearings.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Yes definitely cheap insurance and I will replace them.. Just wondering if everyone else does and why that is the 1 thing not included in the piston kit..:mad:

D

dmaxd2500

Sep 29, 2009
G WYO
Ya know, that's a good question. I wondered the same thing when I did my rebuild. IDK.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
because polaris knows you are only gonna get 500 miles on a set of pistons After the 3rd set you are suppose to get pissed and get a new sled.

The set of pistons in this sled currently have over 3K miles on them:eek: so I would say they cant be that bad..:beer;

Premium Features