• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

End of year maintenance

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
I cleaned up both primaries and secondaries on our sleds, cleaned up the area where the clutches are and washed the entire sled. Anything else I need to do to it before I put them away?

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
I have been told to fog the motor but never actually have done it. I do put stabil in the gas though. The only other thing that comes to mind, is to put them on blocks so that the front and rear suspension can hang free - so that it is not compressed.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Like was said above, make sure to grease all grease fitting, and if you do not fog the motor, just start it about once a month and let it run for 5-10 minutes and bring it up to temp. That actaully does it more good than fogging. Start praying for snow!

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
Grease the hell out of the thing to push out any water. Remove the belt to prevent corrosion between the belt and sheaves. Change the gear oil to remove any moisture and to check for maintenance you might need to do before next season. Remove the seat to keep the squirrels out of it. stuff a rag in the exhaust to keep birds and mice out. Fill the tank and treat it to prevent degradation and moisture. Wash the road grime out of your cover and cover the cover with a cheap tarp. I don't worry about taking the load off the suspension as springs wear out from cycling not from load. If your shocks have any pitting on the shafts, spray them down with LPS3 or some other HEAVY rust preventative. (not wd-40)

Premium Features