• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Winter Employment in Rockies

S

SnoPro753

May 4, 2008
Central Iowa
I have recently been seasonally laid off from my Wind job and I am considering going out West to work all winter instead of drawing unemployment. I have applied to Togwotee and haven't heard anything back. I can do construction, bartend, or drive. Does anyone have any suggestions of other lodges or businesses that hire winter seasonal help. I would like to be someplace with easy access to ride on my occasional days off. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks,

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
I was a snowmobile guide at Snowbird Resort for a winter 2 years ago. The pay was crappy but I was riding every day. Tips were OK but I definitely couldn't live on that very long with being married and making payments on a house. If your single you could probably make it work.

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
Summit county or eagle county Colorodo, lots of ski resort jobs, Pay sucks but you can't get much closer to good riding.

S

SnoPro753

May 4, 2008
Central Iowa
I was a snowmobile guide at Snowbird Resort for a winter 2 years ago. The pay was crappy but I was riding every day. Tips were OK but I definitely couldn't live on that very long with being married and making payments on a house. If your single you could probably make it work.

Single guy. Don't really care about pay, as long as it keeps gas in the tank.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
look into jackson WY or Twin falls ID. Island park/ west yellowstone. Or just a reg job in Boise/ McCall ID. the flat lander's get hooked on the Mt. white lines and need rehab!!!

S

Swing2827

Feb 21, 2008
Dubois, WY
Togwotee has a driver position still open for this winter. Pretty good job and lots of time for riding when you are not picking people up from the airport. If you apply for the job though make sure you call Jeanae, she is the HR manager. Sometimes if you dont call your app can just get past buy. Togwotee number is 307-543-2847 and ask for Jeanae. If this doesn't suit you, check out www.coolworks.com, lots of good winter employment opportunities. Any questions just private message me.

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
Sun Valley resort hires lots of seasonal employees for everything, retail, bartending, ski shops, driving, etc. Usually offer a small room to live in, but the pay is usually pretty low. I was offered a job for a retail ski shop there a couple years ago and was offered $10 / hour- too low for me to drive 30 mins each way and still make it work. Other jobs might offer more. Many of the independent ski shops hire seasonal work and give lots of time off to ski or board. You could look at the SV website, or search for ski shops here. There are a lot, also possibly at Soldier Resort in Fairfield, although it's much smaller.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Summit county or eagle county Colorodo, lots of ski resort jobs, Pay sucks but you can't get much closer to good riding.

I wouldn't say the pay sucks. You can make a living, but the cost of living is high as well. There is plenty of money to be made here.

Premium Features